UrantiaActual
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Original Version (Unedited)

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Original Version (Unedited) - Page 4 Empty Re: The Original Version (Unedited)

Post  BruceAdama Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:37 pm

Written by BruceAdama and TariAdama

CONTINUED...

BATTLESTAR URANTIA - BSG-53

The Battlestar's port flight pod loomed over the arc of New Caprica, as a team of two Raptors made their way back inside the flight pod, from over the planet.

CIC

The whine of the DRADIS screens filled the room, as Standish looked up to them, reading the data, as Mister Hindri called out some new information to him.

"Sir... port flight pod reports that Doctor Casten's team is on board... they just got back from the surface, with two bodies." he reported.

"Very well." Standish began, facing Hindri. "Have the Doctor keep me apprised of anything he finds." he added, turning back to the command table.

Standish was about to call out another set of orders, when he was interrupted, by a series of beeps from the DRADIS monitors, and looked up, reacting to what he saw.

"DRADIS contact!" Hindri shouted out. "Two Cylon Basestars... launching Raider wings." he added.

"Have the fleet jump to emergency evac coordinates... launch Vipers! All defensive batteries... full suppression fire... target the nearest Base Ship!" Standish called out.

One by one, the Vipers shot out of the launch tubes of Urantia, and sped towards the waiting swarm of Cylon Raiders that was heading their way. In the distance, the two massive warships from Omiron, the Thunderstar and Starfreeze, were also now angling to meet the Cylon Basestars, and launching Starcat wings, while the ragtag fleet ships were jumping out of orbit.

CIC

Mister Hindri looked to Commander Standish with concerned eyes, as he delivered some bad news...

"Sir! We have a problem... the Sepia Moon reports trouble with their FTL system... she can't spool up her jump drive!" he called out.

Standish wore a worried and panicked look, as he took in the grim news, realizing what had happened the last time one of the fleet's ships couldn't jump... the Itaron... the fleet had lost a fuel source.

"That's Eliza's ship!" D'Anna added, as Tyler shot her a serious and grim look.

"No frakking way we're losing that ship... no frakking way." he began, moving around the command table, facing Hindri. "Mister Hindri... tell the Sepia Moon's Captain to hold on... we're gonna try something. Continue full weapons barrage on the closest Basestar!" he added, but was again distracted, by new data on the DRADIS screens, which Hindri confirmed.

"Sir! Confirmed contact with three more Basestars! We've got five of those frakkers out there now, Sir!" he added, grim, looking to Standish.

OMIRONIAN WARSHIP STARFREEZE

The massive warship lumbered ever closer to the second Basestar, the military glory of all her weapons on full display, as she let loose with all her might. The space around the Starfreeze was awash with missile contrails and ammunition tracers.

Just as the ship entered into range to fire her devastating thermonuclear missiles, the massive Cylon Basestar suddenly jumped away, vanishing in a ring of golden light.

Urantia moved with all her might, through the weapons fire, trying like hell to reach the Sepia Moon, and shield the small ship from enemy fire.

CIC

Standish and D'Anna were fixated on the DRADIS, as Hindri continued his report.

"Sir! Starfreeze reports that the second Basestar has jumped away and is nowh-- SCRATCH THAT! Oh, hell... she's back, Sir! Just jumped back in, directly aft of Starfreeze! She-- now the lead Basestar is gone, Sir... just jumped away!" he added.

"Motherfrakker!" Standish called out, wincing in frustration at what was going on. "They're using new tactics... same as those frakking recon birds... jumping in and out." he offered. "Get me Medusa!" he shouted.

MEDICAL BAY

The ship shook with another weapons impact, as Doctor Casten worked on the remains of one of the bodies he brought back from New Caprica. he walked over to a computer, and called up the results of his latest test, and grew a look of shock at what he now saw...

"This can't be... I've seen this before." he said to himself, as he got up, and ran out of the room, heading for another part of the ship.

OMIRONIAN WARSHIP THUNDERSTAR

The massive juggernaut maintained a relentless barrage of fire, as Viper and Starcat wings mixed it up with Raiders, all around the massive warship.

Flak explosions and interceptor tracers filled the sky, as suddenly, the two Basestars that were behind the Thunderstar suddenly jumped away, one after the other.

The proud ship angled into position between the Sepia Moon, and the Cylon weapons fire, taking all the incoming hits for the small ship from Emilon.

CIC

The ship shook hard with a missile impact, as Hindri called out damage.

"Sir! Aft port thruster group is down! Two more Basestars just jumped away... Thunderstar is coming into position beta, maneuvering to int-- SIR... the two Basestars are back! Directly to port! Missiles inbound!" he shouted out.

"Brace for impact!" Standish shouted out, as everyone held onto whatever they could.

BSG URANTIA VIPER #5 (Mk. II)

Medusa's cockpit windows were filled with the image of Basestars, warships, and countless Raiders, Vipers, and Starcats, as the whole mess of ships tried to fight their way through an ocean of weapons tracers and flak explosions.

Suddenly, one of the new Cylon recon birds flew into view in front of her, and she quickly targeted the Raider.

"Gotcha, you godsdamned motherfrakker." Grae said to herself, as she prepared to fire on the Raider.

Suddenly, another standard Raider shot up, in between her Viper and the recon bird, throwing her aim off, just as she saw Jareth Benassi's Starcat fly by, on her left.

"FRAK!" she yelled, angry that her prize was stolen from her, as she opened her intercom. "Benassi... don't let that recon Raider out of your sight! Go get it!" she shouted, as she again went about finding the next Raider to target.

Inside the ship, Doctor Casten threw open the door to Urantia's Morgue, and ran to the wall where the crypts were kept, and looked for one name in particular.

Once he located it, he pulled the crypt out, and pulled the sheet away from over the head, revealing Cavil's dead body... the cavil that D'Anna had shot, at Ruion.

Carefully, he pushed up the upper lip, and examined the teeth, finally, wearing a grim expression, as it dawned on him. He rushed to the other wall, where the phone was, and lifted the phone from the cradle, putting it to his face.

"This is Doctor Casten... I HAVE to talk to Actual." he said.

CIC

Another weapons hit rocked the ship, as Hindri looked up, towards Standish.

"Sir! I have Doc Casten on the wire for you... he says it's absolutely urgent!" he related, as Standish picked up the phone from the command table, puzzled.

"Yes, Doctor, what is it... we kind of have our hands full down here." he began, as he listened to what the Doctor was saying, on the other end.

Suddenly, Standish's looks grew very dark and grim, as he looked up, and faced D'Anna.

"Thank you Doctor. Actual out." Standish said, not looking away from D'Anna, as he threw the phone on the table, angry. "MARINES!" he shouted.

THUNDERSTAR STARCAT #3

Jareth's fighter wove in and out of the dizzying mix of weapons fire and enemy fighters, as his Starcat spat out constant fire at the recon Raider he was in hot pursuit of.

Finally, his plane scored a direct hit on the Raider, and the plane's upper wing blade began to spew out a trail of blood, as the Raider began to spiral out of control, on a course for Urantia's port flight pod.

Jareth's Starcat veered sharply off, as the Raider flew into the flight pod of Urantia, crashing on the deck, and speeding to a skidding halt, a trail of fire and sparks following it, as it slid to a stop.

QUEST QUARTERS

The team of four Marines walked through the hall, armed with assault rifles, and came to a stop in front of the door to one of Urantia's guest quarters, knocking loudly on the door. Finally, a reply came, from the other side.

"Yeah... who is it?" a man asked.

"Sir, we need you to come with us... now! the lead Marine shouted, as a second later, Cavil opened the door, a look of shock on his face, upon seeing the armed men, all of whom instantly raised their rifles in aim, directly at him.

EMILONIAN TRANSPORT SHIP - SEPIA MOON

The small ship sat along side Urantia, as the Battlestar did whatever it could to protect it on one side, as suddenly, on the other side of the ship, the two warships from Omiron were forced to change position, opening a hole in the protective bubble that had been around the small ship.

Suddenly, right above the Sepia Moon, the guns and cannons on the starboard side of Urantia erupted to life, the artillery turrets pulsing and recoiling with every massive shot.

It was not enough, however, and the Cylon weapons fire began to make its way to the small ship.

One Cylon missile grazed the aft section of the vessel, and did enough damage, where the lower aft engine assembly was ripped apart.

QUARTERS OF ELIZA WINNOW

The ship shook hard, and lights flickered on and off, as Eliza looked out the small porthole, to the massive battle raging outside.

One Cylon Raider began to make a fast run towards her ship, racing right towards her... it was on a collision course. In the porthole window, the reflection of her face showed her eyes grow wide with shock and fear, as the Raider sped right towards her, seemingly in slow-motion, due to Eliza's fearful state.

The red scanning light of the Raider wove to and fro, as if it were staring right back at Eliza, drilling into her very soul itself.

Eliza's eye grew ever wider, as the reflection of the Cylon scanner filled her pupil, roving from left to right, in brilliant red light, rhythmically, steadily, like the beating of a heart itself.

Suddenly, seemingly from RIGHT above her, a series of massively powerful and furious cannon bursts from Urantia's guns opened up, unleashing their fullest fury on the Raider, which was struck by the weapons, and began to spiral out of control, before exploding apart, sending debris and blood flying forward, as some of the blood splattered across the viewport window.

CIC

The door to CIC swung open, and the Marines led Cavil in the room, as Standish and a shocked D'Anna turned to face him.

Standish nodded to the Marines, and they stood back a few paces, as Cavil looked around, uncertain and afraid, now that he was alone with the Commander.

"Mister Cavil..." Standish began. "Let me guess... I suppose you have a third twin brother... triplets?" he added, his anger now showing.

"No... why?" Cavil asked.

"Because we found another Cavil... on the surface of New Caprica!" Standish shouted, now stepping closer to Cavil. "Which means that somehow... I don't know how... but somehow... you are a Cylon spy!" he added.

"What? That's absurd... crazy, it is!" Cavil protested.

"Is it?" Standish shot back. "Isn't it convenient, that all of a sudden, the Cylons change their tactics, to avoid the wrath of the Omironian warships? That says that they're desperate... and also that they're being fed updated information." he added.

"I am NOT a Cylon!" Cavil shouted out, looking to D'Anna.

"We'll see..." Standish said, drawing his sidearm, and raising it at aim, at Cavil's head. "If Cavil number four pops up... we'll know, won't we?" he offered.

The look on Cavil's face was one of genuine fear and desperation. Finally, he did all he could think of doing...

"Her! She's a Cylon!" he shouted out, pointing to D'Anna, who wore a look of shock.

"Frak you." Standish said, as he fired a single shot, right into Cavil's head, which struck him right over and between the eyes, as Cavil now fell backwards, landing with a lifeless thud, on the floor.

D'Anna just gazed at Cavil's dead body, a look of surprise and shock on her face, not sure of what to do now, as she looked to Standish, who holstered his weapon.

"Sir!" Hindri called out. "The Omironian forces have cleared a path out for us... they're holding the Basestars off!"

"The Sepia Moon... what about her FTL's?" Standish asked.

"Still off line, Sir." Hindri lamented.

"Frak that." Standish whispered, as he made his way to the command table. "We're getting the frak out of here... ALL of us!" he began. "Mister Hindri... take us on a course for the aft section of the Sepia Moon... prepare to jump!" he shouted out.

In space, the mighty Battlestar angled down into position behind the small Sepia Moon, and began to loom closer, as it grew ever larger, as it neared, until finally, Urantia's starboard flight pod filled the space around the Sepia Moon, and swallowed the entire ship whole, like a whale swallowing a tuna.

The interior of the flight pod filled the area around the Sepia Moon, as the small ship came to a gentle landing on the deck.

CIC

"SIR!" Hindri called out. "The Sepia Moon is secure on deck!"

That was all Standish needed to hear, as he looked to the DRADIS.

"Get us the frak outta here!" he shouted.

The space over New Caprica was alive with weapons fire and explosions, as finally, the FTL flashring washed over Urantia, vanishing her from view, as seconds later, the same happened to the two Omironian warships, leaving three remaining Basestars, and a mess of hundreds of Raiders zipping about.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
BruceAdama
Admin

https://urantiaactual.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Original Version (Unedited) - Page 4 Empty Re: The Original Version (Unedited)

Post  BruceAdama Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:43 pm

Written by BruceAdama and Macker

CONTINUED...

The Battlestar and her fleet, as well as the two Omironian warships, held position in open space, having finally jumped away from New Caprica.

The new tactics that the Basestars had used... hit-and-jump tactics, were a mixed blessing for the fleet... on one hand, the massive Omironian warships could not totally destroy the Cylon ships. On the other hand, however, that also meant that the Cylons could not inflict as much damage as they would have liked on the fleet, as well.

Urantia had taken the most of the damage, having been forced to hold one position for most of the battle, to protect the Sepia Moon.

STARBOARD FLIGHT POD

Inside the massive hangar bay, the Sepia Moon sat, landed, as the four exit ramps to the craft allowed the Emilonian pilgrims the chance to exit the war-weary ship, as deckhands and Marines from Urantia helped the passengers off the ship, and onto the deck.

As the pilgrims emerged from the small ship, Eliza Winnow also emerged, walking down the ramp, onto Urantia's deck.

She scanned the area near the exits for a familiar face, and finally found her target, walking towards her... Tyler Standish.

As he approached her, her smile widened, and she threw her arms around him, as he held her.

"Welcome aboard Urantia." he said, as they hugged, Eliza finally pulling away, and looking to him.

"I owe you thanks, for that rescue you pulled back there." she said, smiling.

"Well..." Standish began, offering his arm, which Eliza took, while Tyler began to lead her out of the hangar area. "I couldn't let my favorite redhead, and the hottest woman in the fleet, fall victim to the Cylons." he added, softly, looking back to her. "Besides... you know me... any chance I get to vent some frustration..." he said.

"Guys and their guns." Eliza lamented, shaking her head, as they left the hangar, and stepped into the hallway.

When they were in the middle of the hallway, Standish led Eliza to the wall, and she stood against it, facing him, as he turned to face her.

"I still think about you... all the time." she began.

"I do too... all the time." Standish replied. "But I'm just not ready... the things that your leader advocates... I'm not ready for that... I can't deal with that. If I want you, then I want you... alone, and to myself. I don't want to share you with any other husbands." he added.

Eliza looked to the floor for a moment, before facing Tyler again.

"I suppose I can appreciate that." she continued. "But I'm a one-man woman. I wouldn't want to share you, either. That may make me greedy in the eyes of my people, but it's the way I feel. Personally... I think Sariah is a bit of a sex maniac... for a woman to need three husbands..." she said, as Standish had no choice but to laugh at the comment... something he wouldn't imagine Eliza saying. "But you need more time... I understand." she added.

"That I do. Thanks for understanding." Tyler replied, nodding in appreciation, as he began to walk away.

"I'll still be here." Eliza called out after him.

"So will I." Standish shot back, walking away, as she headed towards the guest cabins.

OBSERVATION LOUNGE

The room was bustling with activity, as Grae sat at the bar, downing a glass of ambrosia, a half-empty bottle on the bar, beside the glass. She was about to take another sip, when someone took a seat beside her... D'Anna.

"Mind if I join you?" the XO asked.

Grae looked to D'Anna, with half-drunk eyes, as some bangs of hair fell in front of her eyes.

"I thought you hate me." Grae asked.

"I do... and you hate me as well, so let's just get down to it... I need some information." D'Anna offered.

"About?" Grae added.

"The Commander." D'Anna started, looking to Grae. "I assume you've known the Commander for some time... lately, he's been getting increasingly aggressive. I've heard rumors that it might have something to do with his wife... anything you could add... that would elaborate on that?" she asked.

Grae looked to D'Anna long and hard... taking in the look in her eyes, as she remembered...

COLONIAL FLEET COMMAND INSTALLATION, LEONIS - 4 YEARS AGO

The large reception room was awash with activity, as Colonial Fleet officers mingled about, helping themselves to drinks from the open bar, and appetizers from the tables, as large banners on the walls wished Admiral Tilton a happy retirement.

One attractive young woman walked over to three Commanders, who were standing together, talking among themselves.

"Thank you." the younger of the three Commanders said, taking a glass, as the woman walked away. The younger Commander looked at the other two, squinting, in mock concentration, as he pointed to the other two men, while holding his drink. "Now I know what it is about you two... what's been bugging me all night long..." he said.

"And just what is that?" William Adama asked, looking up to the man, from his drink.

"You two... you look like you could be brothers... you look almost exactly alike!" the pointing man offered.

"Frak that." Adama said, softly, taking another drink.

"Like hell." Tyler Standish said, at the same time Adama made his remark. "You need glasses, Mister McAllister." he added.

"No, it's true!" McAllister prodded. "The only difference, is your mustache, Bill." he added, as Standish and Adama looked at each other, skeptically.

"Don't count on me ever growing one of those frakking things." Standish said, taking a drink, and then looking back to McAllister. "So, what about it, Daryl... when the hell are you gonna graduate from commanding a Gunstar, to a Battlestar, like the big boys?" he asked.

"Hey, now... the Resolve is a fine vessel." McAllister protested. "Now that we don't have to worry about the frakking toasters, the pirate activity keeps us busy... they've been raiding pretty hard at Gemenon." he added. "Besides... last time I checked, Urantia was smaller than the Galactica." he said, as Adama looked to Standish, smiling wryly.

"He's got you there, Tyler." Adama offered, softly.

"Frak it..." Standish began, as he looked at his empty glass. "I need a refill... be back in a sec." he added, walking away, leaving McAllister and Adama together.

"How's Standish doing on the home front?" McAllister inquired.

Adama looked to the man, and then looked back at his drink, letting out a deep sigh, as he faced McAllister.

"It's been rough on him." he began. "The loss of the baby hit him real hard... and the divorce is pretty ugly. Tina's trying to take everything. He's at the point where he's just about ready to just give up." he said.

McAllister looked in the direction where Standish was, as he replied.

"Must be rough." he offered.

"It is." Adama added. "Trust me, I know. But I think it's for the best... Tina is the worst thing that ever happened to the man... the things she did to his mind... she changed him... brought out the worst in him. Did you know he never touched alcohol, before he married her?" he asked.

"No." McAllister shot back, looking back to Adama. "How did she mess with him... in what way?"

"That woman is one frakked-up psyco. She... likes her men to be... dominant... aggressive. She likes to be thrown around... hit. The fights he's had with that woman... stuff of legends." Adama added.

"Frakking-a." McAllister whispered, loud enough for Adama to hear, as Adama silently excused himself.

PRESENT DAY

OBSERVATION LOUNGE

D'Anna's eyes were wide, as Grae finished the tale.

"Granted, I never met the woman personally... but that's what I've heard." Grae offered, as D'Anna downed the drink in her glass, pushing herself away from the bar.

"Thanks." the XO offered, as she began to leave the room.

"Anytime, Sir..." Grae whispered, turning back to her drink.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:49 pm

CONTINUED...

The Battlestar crept along through space, her fleet close behind, along with the two Omironian warships, as Viper CAP patrols flew alongside and past the fleet ships.

PORT FLIGHT POD

The Viper pilots and deckhands all looked up to Commander Standish, as he worked his way down the steps, to the main deck. Everyone stood at attention, and saluted him.

He could see that they were all gathered around Urantia's newest prize... the Cylon recon Raider, that Jareth Benassi had shot down.

As Standish stood in front of the assembled group, he saw his CAG, Grae, looking to him with a smile.

"At ease." he said, walking slowly towards the Cylon craft, and looking it over. Finally, he turned to Grae, smiling. "You did it, Medusa..." he began.

"Actually, Sir... I'm afraid I can't take credit for it... that honor belongs to someone else." she stated.

"Who?" Tyler asked.

In response, Grae just nodded in the direction she wanted the Commander to look, as he turned his head.

As Standish looked forward, the mass of Viper pilots cleared a path down the middle, revealing a lone pilot, at the end of the line... Jareth Benassi.

Jareth looked uneasy... even afraid, after his last encounter with Standish, as he held his helmet at his waist, sheepishly.

Standish walked over to him, every footstep seemingly echoing throughout the entire bay, ominously. Finally, the Commander arrived in front of Jareth, who snapped into position, standing straight, and saluting, looking straight forward.

Standish regarded the sight of the young man for a long second, before breaking the silence.

"You... you shot this down?" the Commander asked.

"SIR... yes, Sir!" Jareth called out, still staring straight ahead.

Standish nodded silently, keeping his look on Jareth for a few seconds. Finally, he made a move, and Jareth looked down, to see Standish's hand extended, for him to shake.

"Good work, Mister Benassi." Standish offered softly, looking right into Jareth's eyes, as Grae wore a wide smile, behind the Commander.

Jareth didn't know what to make of this, and just accepted the Commander's hand, shaking it, as he looked to Standish.

"Sir... thank you, Sir!" he exclaimed.

Just then, the entire group of Viper jocks burst out into cheer, and moved to Jareth, lifting him up, over the shoulders of a group of pilots, and parading him around the area, as Standish turned to Grae, who was looking at him, smiling.

"That was nice." she offered.

The Commander raised his eyebrows in mock-interest, as he delivered his reply.

"Don't let it go to your head... I know how you are." he began. "Let's just say, he impressed me with this enough, that he proved his worth. We'll see if he keeps it up." he added, as he led Grae with him, the two making their way out of the bay.

The ship continued leading the fleet along the dark expanse of space.

COMMANDER STANDISH'S CABIN

Tyler Standish got up from his seat, to pour himself another ambrosia, when he heard his door open, and turned around in time to see D'Anna walk in, the door closing behind her.

"D'Anna." he started. "What brings you here?" he asked, as she met up with him, and wrapped her arms around his neck, and looked to him, kissing him hard, as his right hand set the glass of ambrosia down on the table, allowing him to wrap both his arms around her.

Finally, she broke the seal her lips had on his, allowing him to breathe, as he looked at her.

"You do." she replied. "That was nice, how you defended me, in the CIC yesterday." she said.

"That motherfrakker called you... YOU... a Cylon... right in front of everybody... when he said that, I just lost it." Standish confessed.

D'Anna again wrapped her arms around the Commander, looking up to him.

"You don't believe him, do you, baby?" she asked.

"Frak, no... that's such a silly thing to say... he said it, because he was desperate... trying to cover his own ass." Tyler replied.

"Good." D'Anna began, drawing her finger along the Commander's uniform jacket, as she made her way down below the belt, with her finger. "Because, Gods help me, I know it's not right, but when you shot him... part of me... was a little... turned on... your confidence... your resolve... your rage." she added, now looking right into his eyes, as her finger continued its work, below the Commander's belt.

As she looked into his eyes, she could feel that what she was doing was working... the Commander's breathing was becoming harder, quicker. Finally, Tyler let out a subtle growl, as he snarled a bit, and reached behind D'Anna, and grasped a fistful of hair, and pulled her head back a bit, as she looked to him, both people with eyes full of building lust.

He leaned close to her, to kiss her, but was broken from the spell, by the phone ringing.

He let it ring a few times, before grudgingly releasing D'Anna from his grip, as he walked over to the wall, and picked up the phone.

"Yes?" he asked.

STARBOARD FLIGHT POD

At the Action Chief's desk, the Chief mechanic spoke to the commander, on the phone.

"Sir... if you have a moment... there is something here you will definitely want to see... and bring that recon photo with the fuzzy blotch with you." the man said, hanging up.

A trio of Vipers flew past the massive starboard flight pod, as Urantia sailed by.

STARBOARD FLIGHT POD

Once again, Standish made his way down onto the flight deck, where the Action Chief met him, leading him to a large object, that was covered with a large gray cloth.

"It was found by the SAR team on Raptor Two." the Chief explained, pausing beside the cloth-covered object. "We have confirmed the authenticity of the materials, so it's real." he said, as he now quickly pulled the cloth away, revealing the object...

Standish's expression was one of utter shock, surprise, and disbelief.

There, before him, was the entire starboard wing, and part of the side fuselage, of a Mk. VII Colonial Viper. But it was not just any Viper... the name on the fuselage remnant was what delivered the shock...

"GALACTICA".

For a long series of seconds, Tyler just stared at the name, until finally lifting the fuzzy photo up in front of him.

It was now official... the fuzzy blotch WAS another Battlestar... it was Galactica! But how... how did it end up here? How did TWO entire Battlestars end up here, at New Caprica? And if Pegasus was the only ship destroyed at New Caprica... WHERE was the Galactica?

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:52 pm

CONTINUED...

The Battlestar crept along through space, her fleet close behind, along with the two Omironian warships, as Viper CAP patrols flew alongside and past the fleet ships.

XO'S CABIN

The door to D'Anna's quarters opened up, and she emerged, the head of the Cylon Centurion cradled in her left arm, as she closed the door behind her, and returned the salute of the two Marines guarding the door, walking away down the hall.

She was on a mission... to get rid of the head of the Centurion. Every time she saw it, it made her angry. She wanted to toss the frakking thing out an airlock, and be done with it. Her pace was brisk, as she walked to the nearest airlock.

Suddenly, she was stopped, by a young man, who paused, and saluted her. He was extremely young... wearing the suit of a Viper jock. He must have just completed Viper training. She paused, and returned his salute.

"Sir!" the man began. "If I may, Sir... where are you taking that?" he asked, regarding the head.

D'Anna looked to the Cylon head, as she returned his look.

"This? I'm taking it to the airlock... it's going out with the trash." she said.

"Sir... if I may... I mean... if it's all the same to you, Sir... would you mind, if I took custody of it, Sir?" he asked, nervously.

"Why? You need a new ashtray, or something?" D'Anna shot back.

"No, Sir... I thought I'd take it to the pilot's Rec Room... it'd make a great trophy, Sir... you know... to boost the pilots' morale, right?" he said, smiling.

Inwardly, D'Anna felt a wave of anger wash over her, as she fought the urge to lunge at the man, and punch him to a pulpy mess. This was not the time for that... if she gave in to those urges of violent lust, she'd be discovered as a Cylon, and that could not be allowed to happen. But that did nothing to stifle the anger and hate she felt for these humans. So, grudgingly, she shared the young man's smile, as she tossed the Cylon head to him.

"Here." she said. "Take it... just keep it out of my sight... it creeps me out. Oh, and I don't want to hear any rude jokes about the XO giving you head, either... got it?" she asked.

"Sir!" the man said, enthusiastically, as he smiled wide, and offered a proud salute. "Yes, Sir! Thank you, Sir!" he added, as he walked off, with his new prize.

The ship sailed along, as a Viper CAP flew past the front of the ship.

CIC

Commander Standish stood over the command table, absorbed in the study of the recon photos with the fuzzy image of the Battlestar Galactica. He was lost in the images... taking stock of what it all meant. How did the Galactica wind up way out here, and where the frak did it go? How come it managed to escape the fate Pegasus suffered? His mind tried to make some sense of it all.

D'Anna entered the room, and made her way over to him, placing a hand on his shoulder, as he looked to her.

"Anything?" she asked, softly.

"Not yet." Standish replied. "I don't know... I have to do it. I can't take the chance... I mean, she's a fellow Battlestar... we... I... owe it to her. To her crew. To Adama." he added.

"What about your plans to return to Caprica? Are we giving up on that?" she asked. "We don't even know where Galactica went... or where she is." she added, as Standish straightened up, looking to her.

"I promised to return to the Colonies... and we will... but I have to try and find her. I can't leave that ship out here, all alone, to fend for herself, against the Cylons." he said, now looking back to the photos.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:55 pm

CONTINUED...

*SMACK!*

*UGH!*

A pair of fists again slammed down into an unseen target, as droplets of blood sprayed out and upwards, as the sounds of echoing grunts could be heard.

Gradually, as if in slow motion, the owner of the fists revealed itself... Tyler Standish.

His face was a frenzied mix of intense rage, horror, unbelievable sorrow, and loss, as he clenched his teeth, and relentlessly continued his assault on the unseen victim, as blood sprayed onto his face, as he began to now yell out, in rage.

Finally, the rush began to wear off, and the flood of emotions surging through his body began to calm, and his inner sorrow took over, and he withdrew, breathing heavily, as he now stepped back, beginning to cry.

He slumped down into the corner of the brig cell, and wiped the blood that was dripping from his sweat-soaked face, as he finally looked to his victim...

A lone Cylon Centurion... a modern version, sat slumped in the other corner of the cell, blood spattered all over its metal body, as the "V" panel on its face that housed the scanner remained dark and lifeless.

Suddenly, something changed... from deep within the Centurion, a sound began to grow... a sound that was wicked, and taunting...

As Standish looked to his enemy, the red scanning light again erupted to life, and began to move to and fro, as the sound intensified... it was laughter... a deeply wicked and dark laughter, meant only to taunt. The Centurion was laughing at him.

Suddenly, without any warning, the Centurion's left hand switched to guns, and raised itself in aim at Standish, as the Commander's eyes looked directly into the gun barrel.

*BANG!*

The Centurion fired a single shot, raced right for Standish's head.

With a loud gasp, Tyler woke up from his nightmare, bolting upright in his bed.

"Motherfrakker..." he whispered, after somewhat collecting himself.

The lights to his cabin turned on, and a glass was thumped down onto a table, as a amber-colored liquid was poured inside. After a few seconds, Tyler's hand reached for the glass, and brought it to his lips, downing the entire glass in a few gulps, as he set the glass back down, looking straight ahead, tired.

The Battlestar crept along through space, her fleet close behind.

CIC

The doors to the Combat Information Center opened up, allowing Standish's ears to take in the ghostly whines of numerous DRADIS monitors, as he walked over to the command table.

"Sir!" Hindri called out. "Trouble sleeping tonight, Sir?" he asked.

"Something like that, Mister Hindri." Standish softly answered, not looking to the man.

Commander Standish was focused on two photographs on the table before him... one, a photo of the Viper wing from Galactica. The other, the image of Galactica, from Pegasus's data recorder.

He stared intently at the two images, becoming lost in them, as if they were themselves trying to tell him something.

"Where the frak are you?" he whispered softly, as if talking to Galactica.

Finally, Standish straightened up, and slowly turned to face Hindri.

"Mister Hindri... send a message to the Captains of all fleet ships for me. Tell them I want to meet with them this afternoon, in my cabin." he instructed.

"Of course, Sir... composing message now, Sir." Hindri replied.

Standish nodded, exhausted.

"Thank you, Mister Hindri. You have the deck. I'm... I'm going for a walk." he added,

"Aye, Sir!" Hindri called out, as Standish walked out of the CIC.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:57 pm

CONTINUED...

CIC

D'Anna looked to Standish, as he looked up at the DRADIS, before letting out a long and deep sigh, as he pulled the phone handset out of its cradle, and pressed the intercom button, opening the channel to the entire fleet.

It took the Commander a second, before he finally began to speak.

"Attention people of the Urantia, and the fleet... this is your Commander." he began. "Over a week ago, we were forced to leave the planet we came to know as New Caprica, due to the Cylon's arrival. While at New Caprica, we learned of the fate of one of our brethren... the Battlestar Pegasus. We know not still, how Pegasus ended up there, nor why the crew of Pegasus decided to establish settlements there. We know only that she met her end locked in combat with three Cylon Basestars. However... there is something that those of you outside Urantia did not then know, but must know now... before we jumped away from New Caprica... one of our search and rescue teams made a discovery... a fragment of a Viper wing... a Viper that was not from Urantia, or Pegasus. The markings on this wing indicated that the Viper was from the Battlestar Galactica. Not only did we recover a wing... but we also discovered evidence that there was indeed another Battlestar present here at one time. That had to be Galactica. Because we found no debris from Galactica herself... I must conclude that the ship was able to jump away, to safety. Where she is, we know not. But she is one of ours... she has a Commander... a crew... and a story. She is struggling to stay alive, as are we. Because of these things... it is my responsibility... my DUTY... to seek out Galactica... to come to her aide, and bring her back to the Colonies with us. I cannot ignore her. I cannot turn my back on her. I cannot, and will not. I owe it to the ship, and her Commander, to do whatever I can, to locate her. And so I shall. From this moment on, my orders are that the fleet accompany Urantia, in the search for the Battlestar Galactica. That is all for now. Actual out." he finished, setting the phone down, as he looked to D'Anna, a serious look on his face.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:02 pm

CONTINUED...

Once again, an ocean of bodies filled the Commander's cabin to capacity, from his desk, all the way to the doorway, where four Urantia Marines stood guard, ever watchful.

Commander Standish sat at his desk, ignoring the shouts of anger and frustration from the Captains of various fleet ships, as he simply poured more ambrosia into his glass, taking a drink, before finally looking back up at the mob before him. Finally, he broke the silence, as he shouted out, over the noise.

"SHUT UP, ALL OF YOU!" he called out, as gradually, the noise began to die down to nothing, as Standish rose up, facing down the crowd. "I understand that some of you were not expecting this... neither was I. But we... I... have an obligation to the crew of the Galactica, to seek her out, and locate her. She is out there, somewhere. That means that more humans made it out of the Colonies, when the Cylons attacked!" he offered.

"This is NOT what we agreed to, when we joined your fleet, Commander!" one of the Emilon Captains called out. "Our pilgrim fleet was headed for Kobol... and now, after coming so far, you are asking us to reverse course, and head back the way we came? No!" he added.

"Agreed!" another man shouted, from the back of the crowd. "The journey has been long enough, and difficult enough, as-is! We cannot, and will not, simply go back!" he called.

"What of the refugees from Ruion? They have no place to go back to! And we all know we left the Cylons back there... they almost destroyed Urantia! Now you suggest we go back into the fire?" one woman asked.

"We'll see what High Admiral Ardala has to say about this, Commander!" one man spat, as Standish shot him a look, glaring right at the man.

"I am the commander of this fleet! It is MY orders, that dictate the course that this fleet takes! I am the only ranking Colonial officer in this fleet, and High Admiral Ardala knows and recognizes that. But go to him, for all the good it'll do you!" Standish shot back.

"You realize, Sir... that we posses the only fuel ship in this fleet, don't you?" one of the Emilon men shouted out.

That ripped it for Tyler, and he glared at the man.

"Are you threatening me? Is that it? Are you threatening to cut off the fuel supply to Urantia, and her fleet?" Standish shot back, almost chuckling. "Go on... try it. Do it." Standish added, downing the rest of his glass, before slamming it back down on the table, as he looked to the crowd. "We jump in the morning." he added, looking now to the Marines. "Marines! Get them out of here." he added, as he sat back down in his chair.

The ship sailed along, as a Viper CAP flew past the front of the ship.

CIC

D'Anna looked on, as the Commander looked up to the DRADIS, which showed the ships of the fleet in their assigned formations. Tyler let out a sigh, as he looked back down to the vast star map, on the command table. Finally, he lifted his head, and spoke up.

"Mister Hindri... signal the fleet to prepare to jump." he instructed.

"Aye, Sir... spooling up FTL... preparing to jump... WAIT!" Hindri said, as new reading came onto his panel, and the DRADIS.

Standish was suddenly alerted to the DRADIS, which bleeped with anew contact, as Hindri's voice confirmed it...

"DRADIS contact!" Hindri began, working his panel. "Sir... I... I don't believe it, Sir... but that ship out there... it's broadcasting Colonial IFF codes... it's one of ours!" he called out, as Standish stared at the DRADIS, uncertainty in his eyes.

"Not so fast... get me confirmation on that... I want to make sure! Abort jump sequence!" Standish called out.

Hindri worked his panel, and then looked up to the Commander again.

"I've rechecked, Sir... it's real... the code is authentic! From the size of it, I'd say it's a Colonial Gunstar, Sir. Their FTL is running way too hot." he added.

Standish gazed at the blip on the monitor, cautious concern in his eyes, as he looked to Hindri.

"Launch alert Vipers... have them make visual ident. Put me through to their CIC!" he added, as the comm channel was opened, and Standish lifted the phone from the cradle to his face.

"This is... this is the Colonial Battlestar Urantia, to Colonial vessel. Identify your--" he began, but was cut off, as the transmission from the other end came on, highly fritzed with static, as if the other ship was having problems with its systems.

"This is the Colonial Gunstar Liberator to the vessel claiming to be the Urantia... Tyler... is that you?" a man's voice sounded.

The voice from Standish's past hit him as if he'd seen a ghost... he recognized the voice of his old friend, Commander McAllister. Standish allowed a look of relief to escape to the surface, as he wore a small smile.

"McAllister? Gods dammit... what the frak... how the frak did you end up all the way out here?" he asked.

A second passed, as the sound of fritzing static filled the air, until finally, McAllister's voice came up again.

"We were just departing from Megiddo Anchorage, when the Cylons broke the armistice... we jumped away, and have been on the run ever since... one random jump after another. The toasters have been on our tail the whole time, but we've managed to hit a few worlds of theirs we found, along the way... bombed their last planet to the Ninth Circle of Hell." he added.

D'Anna cringed not only at the thought of her race's planets in the same condition as the Colonies, but at the specific mention of an aspect of her very own religion!

The alert Viper wing from Urantia sailed away from the Battlestar, and shot towards the new arrival... a small twin-hulled vessel of modest armament... no larger than the twin Emilonian military escorts... the Gunstar Liberator.

GUNSTAR LIBERATOR

CIC

Commander McAllister held the phone to his face, as he looked at the blips on his own DRADIS representing Urantia and her fleet, as the blips representing the Viper wing drew close to his ship's icon.

"It's been a long road, Tyler..." he began, his voice full of relief and exhaustion, as he struggled to hold back tears, at finally hearing the assuring voice of an old friend. "We've lost some good people, and a lot of our systems are in need of major repair...request permission to come alongside?" he asked.

There was a brief pause of static, until the reply came from Urantia.

"Permission granted, Liberator... the Battlestar Urantia awaits you." Standish's voice said, as McAllister let go of the transmit button on the phone, smiling with relief, as he allowed a few tears of joy to escape, as his entire CIC crew burst into cheers behind him.

McAllister's XO patted him on the shoulder, smiling, as McAllister looked up to the DRADIS again, and happily called out his next orders...

"Stand down from Condition One! Ready Raptors for boarding duty!" he called out, elated.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:06 pm

CONTINUED...

The Battlestar sailed through space, guiding her fleet along, as the Gunstar Liberator held position alongside, as the twin Omironian warships loomed large in the distance.

Tyler Standish walked around to where McAllister and his XO, Robert Fisk, were sitting, and poured some ambrosia into each of their glasses, before doing the same for D'anna, who sat across from the two men, facing them, as Standish returned to his seat, sighing as he faced his quests.

So... first things first, I suppose." he began. "How the hell did you end up way the frak out here?" he asked.

"Well... where the hell do I start?" McAllister began, swirling the drink around in his glass, as he prepared to relay the tale. "We got the Case Orange signal from Admiral Nagatori, just as were pulling out of Meggido Anchorage for our test run. My hands shook as I opened the sealed orders." he went on.

"What did the orders say?" Standish asked.

Commander McAllister went into recall mode, as he recited his memory of the fateful orders.

"Upon reception of Case Orange signal from Commanding Officer, Colonial Fleet, you are to proceed to jump into Cylon space, locate Cylon installations and neutralize through nuclear strike missions. Return to Meggido for rearmament and continue until relieved. End." he recited.

"If only we knew what was behind that Armistice Line..." D'Anna said, looking to McAllister.

Finally, after downing his drink with one swig, Fisk spoke.

"First three bases we found were all along a corridor about half a light year in, running parallel. They were just bases, but Gods, they were like a gold mine. No one left to defend them: no raiders, no missile batteries, no Toasters, nothing at all. Whoever was there forgot to turn out the lights." he stated.

"So what kind of data were you able to find?" Standish asked.

"Tac displays full of info on other planets within the Cylons' dominion. We downloaded those to our systems and we went hunting... starting with the three base rocks we nuked." Fisk offered.

"But," McAllister interrupted as he took a swig, "There was one planet on those charts which outshone them all."

"Some kind of central Cylon world?" D'Anna asked.

"So we thought at first." McAllister began. "Took us three jumps at max range to get there. It was a forge. Volcanic activity like you wouldn't believe. We were about to turn tail, thinking it was a trap." he said.

"Then what happened?" Standish inquired.

"A low-level signal was emanating from one of the dormant volcanoes in the southern hemisphere. We sent a Raptor team to investigate, and inside we found these." McAllister reached to the table beside him, and threw down a folder containing a dozen photos taken by the team.

Standish and D'Anna picked them up. One of the photos showed thousands of neatly spaced, illuminated immersion tanks, guarded at regular intervals by sentry Centurions. Another photo set of the massive complex displayed manufacturing facilities for even more Centurions.

"Frakking ay..." Standish lamented softly.

Tyler's response elicited a slight chuckle from McAllister.

"I see by your remark, that you must be on the last set of photos." he offered. "Take a good look at those fellows, Tyler." he added, as Standish focused on the image of the bodies in the immersion tanks.

The final photo showed three male humans, or what looked to be humans, surrounding an immersion tank, with someone in the tank itself, apparently naked, and about to emerge.

Suddenly, the features on Standish's face darkened, as he slapped the photos down on the table, looking to McAllister with a deadly serious look on his face.

"So... it's true." Standish whispered, as D'Anna looked to him.

"What? What is?" she asked.

"The Cylons look like us now." Standish replied, shooting her the trademark dramatic stare, as she took the photos, to see for herself. What she saw, shocked her, as she looked to Standish, then to McAllister.

"It's... Cavil!" she stated, eyes wide, in mock-surprise, as Standish continued his stare towards her.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:09 pm

CONTINUED...

The Battlestar sailed through space, guiding her fleet along, as the Gunstar Liberator held position alongside, as the twin Omironian warships loomed large in the distance.

CIC

The doors to Urantia's CIC opened, allowing Standish and McAllister to enter, as the crew on duty saluted the two Commanders.

As Standish led McAllister to the command table, he glanced up at the DRADIS, before looking to Hindri for a moment.

"Mister Hindri... are we all set to resume jump?" Tyler asked.

"Aye, Sir. Shall I start the countdown?" Hindri replied.

At this point, D'Anna interjected.

"Sir, we've got half a fleet out there, still refusing to follow us. If they stay behind..." she began, as Standish shot her a look.

"Then let them, the motherfrakkers." he spat. "They'll follow us. Urantia's their only chance for survival out here." he added.

"What about those warships out there... from Omiron, was it?" McAllister inquired.

Standish looked to his comrade, as he answered.

"They may have the might... but not the experience fighting the Cylons that we do. They wouldn't last long." he said, confident, as he turned to the command table. Mister Hindri!" he called out. "Jump the ship!" he ordered.

"Aye, Sir!" Hindri called back, as the whine of the FTL coming up to full power was heard, and both Commanders looked up to the DRADIS.

The great ship was suddenly enveloped by the wash of the golden FTL ring, as it swept over the ship, vanishing it from view, as the Liberator, and many other ships followed suit.

A second later, in another region of open space, the FTL ring spat the Urantia back out, along with the Liberator, and a few fleet ships.

CIC

Standish and McAllister both gazed at the DRADIS, as one by one, the blips representing the fleet ships appeared on the screen, until twelve ships, not counting Urantia and the Liberator were displayed.

After a few seconds, no more blips appeared.

"Ships reporting in, Sir." Hindri began. "Twelve ships followed us... all of them with Colonial signatures... we're back to the ships we had when we left Picon, Sir." he added, solemnly.

McAllister looked to Standish, who just looked down to the command table. Very slowly, his anger began to increase, and he clenched his fists, as his teeth clenched, and his eyes grew wide.

"Frakking ungrateful, unappreciative, disloyal..." he began, whispering at first, as his voice began to raise, until suddenly, he looked to the DRADIS screen, and with all his might, shouted as loud as he could, at the ships that were not there. "MOTHERFRAKKING TRAITORS!" he shouted. "YOU GODSDAMNED MOTHERFRAKKING COWARDS!" he spat, as with all his rage, he slammed his fists onto the command table so hard, that a series of spidery cracks began to spread out, from the points of impact. "FRAK YOU! FRAK THE LOT OF YOU!" he added, as a final shot.

Everyone in the CIC was beside themselves, as they looked on at their Commander, who was unleashing all his verbal rage at the DRADIS. McAllister looked at his old friend, his mouth agape with silent shock. He had never seen Tyler so overcome with pure rage.

The Battlestar, along with the Gunstar Liberator, escorted the twelve-ship fleet through open space.

The Commander paced up and down in front of his desk, his angry breathing heavy, as he reached over for the bottle of brandy on his desk, and flicked the top off, as he guzzled the liquid directly from the bottle, until he had drained it.

He looked around, and with a yell, threw the empty bottle against the wall, watching as it shattered into thousands of tiny shards, as he then reached over, and swept all the items off of his desk, shouting out in anger.

When he turned around, he stopped short, at the sight of D'Anna, who was standing right in front of him. He looked to her, as sweat beaded on his face, and his teeth were clenched in anger.

"What the frak were you thinking, back there in CIC?" she shot out at him. "Letting the whole frakking ship see that display of yours!" she added.

"Save your speeches for those frakking ingrates in the fleet that stayed behind, woman!" Standish shouted back at her, as he began to move to reach for another bottle of brandy.

Before he could get hold of it, D'Anna grabbed his right arm, and pulled him back, as he turned to her, lost in anger, as his eyes drilled into hers... she could see the uncontrolled rage boiling over inside him.

Finally, Tyler reached over, and violently ripped her uniform top open, and grabbed the back of her head with his right hand, and pulled her to him, kissing her forcefully, before finally breaking it off.

Her reply to the advance was to slap him across the face, which depending on how you look at it, may or may not have had the desired effect...

Tyler shoved her... HARD, into the wall, where she hit with a thud, as he rushed over to her, and with violent force, pinned both her arms up over her head, as he again kissed her hard, until she finally began to relent.

After a few moments, he released her hands, allowing her to undo his belt, as his own hands worked their way down to her chest, while he still kissed her, as he began to buck into her with force.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:10 pm

CONTINUED...

5 DAYS AFTER HYPERLIGHT JUMP

The Battlestar sailed through space, her small fleet in tow, as a handful of Vipers flew CAP past the ships.

Inside the Battlestar, Commander Standish walked through one of the many miles of corridor, almost losing his equilibrium at times, as he had to pause and steady himself, as various crew members looked on, most with disdain, others with morbid amusement.

He rounded a corner, and bumped right into a tech specialist, as he held onto the man to straighten himself back on course, as he continued walking to his destination... the Observation Lounge.

OBSERVATION LOUNGE

The door to the room swung open, as people turned to face the person coming in.

The Commander worked his way to the bar, and set himself down on one of the stools with a hefty sigh, as the bartender automatically slid him the usual. Standish took a sluggish drink, before setting the glass back down, as the man beside him tapped him on the shoulder.

"Yeah?" Standish softly asked.

The man beside him was the Liberator's XO, Robert Fisk. He looked to Standish, pondering if he should speak what was on his mind, but finally decided to go for it.

"Sir... I hear we're going back on a course that'll take us by New Caprica again?" he asked.

"What of it?" Tyler replied, weary.

"Sir... I heard that the remains of Battlestar Pegasus were found in orbit. Her XO was my older brother, Sir. I was hoping, if at all possible... if we could perhaps go back... let us send out a Raptor team. See if we can find any more remains there may be, Sir." he offered.

Tyler looked to the young man beside him.

"I appreciate your position, and your desire for closure, but we're not going back there... there were Cylons there..." he began.

"But, Sir... if there's a chance of recovering more remains... more data... don't we owe it to those people on the Pegasus? After all, you said you owe it to Galactica, to go after her... how is this any different? What's the harm in a few Raptors doing a search?" Fisk prodded.

"I said no." Standish shot back, softly, but extremely firm.

"But, Sir!" Fisk tried to counter, but was cut off.

"Bloody FRAK!" Tyler shouted out, drawing the attention of many others in the room. "What the FRAK is wrong with everyone? I am the Commander of this fleet, and I give the Gods-frakking ORDERS!" he shouted out, looking to Fisk. "It was because of MY orders, that our pilots gave their LIVES, in Vipers, fighting to save those sorry motherfrakkers from the Cylons, and because of MY orders, that their ships enjoyed the protection of Urantia! And how do they repay me? How does anyone in that miserable bunch repay those fallen souls? They DON'T! They frak them over, by spitting in the face of their sacrifice, and in the face of MY sacrifice!" he yelled, as all eyes in the room were now on him. I will NOT lose anymore people than I have to! We're staying on course, Mister Fisk!" he shot back.

Fisk looked to Standish for a long silent moment, before just nodding, as he got up, facing down to Tyler.

"I don't know what the frak happened to you. My Commander used to tell me stories about you, and what a great guy you were to be around. But that's not who I see in front of me now." he added, as he left the room.

"Yeah?" Standish shouted out after him. "So what the frak DO you see?" he spat, as after a moment, Tyler turned to face the people staring at him, wide-eyed. "What the frak are you all looking at?" he said to them, as he turned around to again face the bar.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:13 pm

CONTINUED...

9 DAYS AFTER HYPERLIGHT JUMP

The Battlestar sailed through space, her small fleet in tow, as a handful of Vipers flew CAP past the ships.

COLONIAL PASSENGER LINER "SPEEDWELL"

The medium-sized passenger transport sailed among the fleet, through the expanse of space

Inside the ship, in one of the crew cabins, a man was sharing a passionate kiss with one of the fleet's "socializers", as she sat on his lap, in the seat he was in, as others in the cabin area looked on, some with arousal, others with disgust.

Finally, the kiss was broken off, and the woman looked to her client, smiling, as she now got off his lap, standing to face him, with her hand out.

"Thanks, baby... that's twenty cubits, plus my usual tip." she said, winking at him.

The man sighed, as he groped for his wallet, as he retrieved it. He opened it, and began to thumb through the bills of cubits inside. Finally, he looked to the woman, an awkward smile on his face.

"Umm... looks like I only have eighteen." he said, as he began to get up.

Suddenly, a pair of powerful hands placed themselves on his shoulder, and pushed him back down into his seat, as he looked up, to see who was behind him.

"Is there a problem here, pal?" a man's voice said, strong and gruff.

The source of the hands was a huge man, with a black beard, and an arm full of tattoos. The gruff man walked around to stand beside the woman, looking to the man in the chair.

"No... I hope not." the man began.

"This client doesn't have my fee." the woman told the large man.

"Gee... that's a shame." the gruff man began. "Because, you see... my girl here... she don't work for free, and she don't like to be cheated." he added.

"Hey!" one man shouted, from the far end of the cabin. "Let it go, pal... we're all in the same situation here... the guy was just lookin' for some release, is all!" he called out.

The gruff man turned to the new voice.

"Oh?" he asked, as he brandished a pistol at the man. "Supposing I release you!" he offered, as he began to walk towards the new guy.

CIC

Commander Standish walked into the room just in time to be alerted to some new readings, by Hindri, as he walked to the command table.

"Sir." Hindri began. "We're getting multiple reports of a fight breaking out on the Speedwell, Sir... she's one of the passenger transports. Some reports say a weapon is involved." he added.

Standish looked back to Hindri, as he gave his orders.

"Send a team of fully armed Marines over there... quell the disturbance." Standish said, firmly.

"Aye, Sir... scrambling Marine strike teams... Raptors on launch readiness alert." Hindri replied.

PORT FLIGHT POD

The last of the Marines climbed up into the last Raptor, just as the hatch came down, and the engines powered up, the whine filling the bay. Just then, the lead Raptor lifted off, and proceeded to depart the ship, until finally, the last Raptor followed, lifting off the ground, and moving towards the exit, picking up speed as it flew along.

The Raptor continued to pick up speed, as it finally flew out of the bay, and into empty space, beginning to turn about, until the lead Raptor was visible, and the fleet's ships began to enter into view.

Just as the two Raptors oriented themselves for an approach, a bright golden flash of light was seen, way in the distance, above right from where the fleet ships were. After a second, a thin trail of smoke could be seen, emanating from the point where the flash had been.

CIC

D'Anna and Standish both looked up to the DRADIS, which displayed the new contact.

"DRADIS contact!" Hindri called out. "It's the Sepia Moon, Sir... she's taken damage... venting gasses, and there's some buckling in the aft quarter... she's sending out a distress signal, Sir." he added.

"Tell the Marines to stay their course! Launch rescue Raptor, to Sepia Moon... bring her into the Starboard Pod!" Standish called back.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:32 am

CONTINUED...

10 DAYS AFTER HYPERLIGHT JUMP

GUNSTAR LIBERATOR

The small Colonial military vessel sailed alongside Urantia, the fleet behind her, as Vipers sailed by the ships, conducting CAP.

COMMANDER McALLISTER'S CABIN

Commander McAllister walked by the sofa where his XO was seated, handing down a glass of water to Fisk, as he made his way to his side of the sofa, sitting beside his XO.

"I just don't know what happened, Sir... the man just snapped... right there, before me, in front of everyone." Fisk lamented, as he recounted his incident with Standish at the bar.

"You should have seen the tirade I was privy to." McAllister said. "The man unleashed an entire verbal volley at the DRADIS, when the rest of the fleet stayed behind." he offered.

"What happened? I thought you were always telling me how nice the guy was." Fisk asked.

"Well, I can't be sure..." McAllister began, as he got up to fill a glass of his own with water, from the pitcher on his desk. "But I think maybe, just maybe, it might have something to do with the man's wife." he went on, moving to sit back down, as Fisk looked to him. "The last time I saw Tyler Standish, was at a retirement party on Leonis. He was talking with Bill Adama. Tyler walked off to get some drinks, and Bill basically told me that the man was going through a hell of a time... an angry and very messy divorce, his wife had lost a baby, and he was hitting the bottle. According to Bill, his wife was the root of most of his troubles." he added, taking a drink of water.

"How so?" Fisk asked.

"Well... you know what a masochist is?" McAllister asked, as Fisk nodded, silently. "Well... that was Tina Standish... I never met or knew her... but from what Bill told me, and from the little bits I was able to get from Tyler, that woman was a sick frak. When he met her, she was normal enough... but gradually, she got more and more into being rough... aggressive, when it came to, uh... intimacy." he continued. "She was into violence... she liked to be slapped and thrown around. Tyler was in love with her, so he went along with it. I guess she unleashed his inner rage to the point where he couldn't control it anymore. That was when Tyler started drinking... hard." he added.

"Damn." Fisk offered.

"Tyler once told me, that before he married her, he'd never touched alcohol. And you wanna know what the really sick part was?" McAllister asked, looking to Fisk. "Tyler had wanted nothing more, than to have a daughter. Tina was dead-set against it. The one time she gets pregnant, and she loses the baby. Tyler could never be sure of anything, but he always felt that somehow, she did something on purpose, to terminate the pregnancy." he stated, as Fisk's face wore a look of shock.

"Frakking-a." Fisk lamented.

"Look," McAllister started again. "I don't know what's been going on with Tyler for the last five-plus years. All I can speculate, is that he never really found a way to control his anger, and that he has become so accustomed to it, that it's all he knows now. He's a different man... a darker man now." he offered, looking back to Fisk.

Tyler Standish walked through one of Urantia's corridors, as he came to a corner. As he rounded it, someone called out to him, causing him to look up.

"Commander!" a familiar woman's voice called out.

It was Eliza Winnow. She smiled, as she ran over to Tyler, who stood waiting for her.

"How have you been?" she asked him, after sharing a short embrace with him.

He looked into her eyes, as he replied the only way he could to her... with honesty.

"Not that great." he said, as she looked into his eyes, seeing the pain that was lurking in their dark depths. "I'm not happy that your group stayed behind. Not after all Urantia... I... have done for your fleet. After all we've been through, you people stabbed us in the back." he said, as softly, and politely as he could.

"Well, you're jumping back to us, right? I mean... our Captain told you that the Cylons showed up, right?" she asked, looking at him with big eyes.

Standish's only answer was to look right back at her.

"I see..." she said, as the realization dawned on her, and her look grew sullen.

"Excuse me." Standish began, moving away. "I have some things to attend to." he added, softly.

As Tyler walked away, Eliza called out to him again.

"You're not mad at me, are you?" she asked, her voice sounding like it was on the verge of tears.

Tyler paused, and turned back to face her.

"It's because YOU are on the Sepia Moon, that kept me from opening fire on her the moment she jumped in." Tyler softly offered, turning back around, and walking away, leaving Eliza to look after him, as tears began to well up in her eyes.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:51 am

CONTINUED...

13 DAYS AFTER HYPERLIGHT JUMP

The massive war vessel began to angle about, as in front of it, the various smaller ships of the fleet were jumping away, as multiple flashrings of light swept over them.

Finally, all the civilian ships had jumped away, and the awesome arsenal of the Thunderstar's weapons erupted to life, as countless tracers lanced outward into space, from the Goliathan ship.

Mere seconds later, the targets of the Thunderstar's weapons entered into view...

Cylon Raiders... dozens upon dozens of them.

But the Cylons were not messing around. The forward wing of Raiders let loose with multiple volleys of missiles, breaking off, as the dozens of contrails shot towards the Thunderstar.

COMMAND CONTROL ROOM

The deck was jolted violently, by the multiple missile hits, as High Admiral Ardala braced himself on the command table, listening, as the reports of damage were called out to him.

"Sir! Those last missiles took out half of our portside batteries! Reports of structural decompression from decks H through L! Aft port thruster group is down!" the Officer of the Guard called out, as another violent hit rocked the ship.

High Admiral Ardala looked out the windows of the forward command deck, and gazed upon the sight before his ship... a Cylon Basestar, and its countless Raiders, firing on his vessel. Suddenly, in the distance, behind the Basestar, another large FTL burst came into view, spitting out a second Cylon Basestar.

"Frak..." Ardala lamented, to himself. "We can't fight off these frakkers on our own. We have no choice, but to leave the Starfreeze with the civilian fleet, which leaves us to fend off the Cylons on our own. We can't go on like this." he added, still whispering to himself, as he turned to face the Officer of the Guard. "That's it... we're done here!" he began, calling out to the man. "Recall our fighters, and make the jump back to the fleet's emergency evac coordinates. we're through fighting like this." he added.

"Sir?" the Officer of the Guard replied.

"We can't go on like this... we need Urantia. When we get back to the others, we're jumping back to Urantia's fleet." he offered, as he began to walk away.

"Aye, Sir!" the Officer of the Guard answered.

The proud ship continued to lead her fleet along, the Gunstar Liberator beside her.

Tyler Standish sat back in his chair, at his desk, a half-empty bottle of brandy on the desk, as he held a framed photograph in his hand, gazing at it, as he slowly rocked in his chair.

It was a sepia-tone photograph of him and Eliza winnow, that had been taken of them, when they were on the surface of Emilon. It showed Eliza and Tyler, both smiling, their arms around each other, as they stood in front of one of the tall sailing ships, that sat docked at the harbor. Tyler's mind began to take him back to that day... that memory...

GLADMYSTON HARBOR, EMILON - 2.5 YEARS AGO

The bright blue sky was clear, on that beautiful and crisp Emilon morning, the cool and moist fresh air filling Tyler's lungs, as he slowly walked along the harbor side with Eliza, holding her hand.

"So, what thinks you of our fair Gladmyston Harbor?" she asked him, as he looked to her, taking in the sight of her fiery red hair, and the features of her face... her milky-white skin. Tyler was especially fond of the corset she was wearing, for the view it offered.

"It's beautiful." he stated, not taking his eyes off her.

"I thought you'd enjoy seeing the ships." she added, as she indicated for Tyler to look to his left.

Tyler looked where she directed, and saw a proud tall sailing ship, moored at its dock, as various Emilonians in their military uniforms worked about on the ship, calling out orders to each other.

"That's the Prosperity." Eliza stated. "That's the ship Captain Kline trained and sailed on." she added.

"I like it... she's a fine vessel." Tyler said, looking back to Eliza.

Eliza looked at Standish, and how he appeared, standing in front of the Prosperity. He looked so commanding... so proud.

"Oh... we have to get a picture of this!" she exclaimed. "You look so noble, like that, the ship behind you." she said, as she took Standish's small camera out from one of his pockets, and grabbed the first of her fellow pilgrims she could find, walking along the dockside. "Oh, Jebra! Here!" she said, giving him the camera, and moving beside Tyler.

Jebra was an old man... tall and thin, with medium-length white hair, and a long beard of gray. He regarded the camera with curiosity, as he looked to Eliza.

"What do I do...?" he asked.

"Jebra, dear, just look through that window, until you see us, and part of the ship, and just press the button!" Eliza stated, as she wrapped her arms around Tyler, who returned the gesture, as they both smiled.

A click was heard, and the scene was preserved for all time.

BATTLESTAR URANTIA - BSG-53 - PRESENT DAY

The frozen image began to fade into a sepia tone, as Tyler Standish again found himself looking at the framed photo in his hands.

With a long sigh, Tyler leaned forward to place the photo back in its place on the desk, as he again slumped back in his chair.

He made a reach for the brandy bottle, but when he brought it close to himself, he had a change of heart, sighing with disgust, as he placed the bottle back on the desk.

He got out of his chair, and walked to his sofa, and was about to sit down, when the phone rang. He reversed his course, and walked to the desk, and picked up the handset.

"Yeah, what is it?" he asked, tired.

CIC

Sorry to bother you, Sir," Hindri began. "But you should know that the rest of our fleet just jumped back... including the Thunderstar and Starfreeze." he added.

"I'll be right there." Standish replied, setting the handset back in the cradle.

CIC

The door to the room opened, and all eyes looked to Tyler Standish, as he walked to the command table, where D'Anna was staring up at the DRADIS.

"All ships present, and accounted for, Sir." Hindri called out. "They're holding position, awaiting clearance to resume fleet formation." he added.

"Are they?" Tyler asked, as he looked to the DRADIS.

After a moment, Tyler looked down to the table, and waited in silence a few moments, before looking back up.

"Mister Hindri... signal ALL ships in that group out there. Request IFF confirmation. Launch alert Vipers." Standish ordered.

"Aye... Sir." Hindri said, as he began to work his console.

"What are you doing?" D'Anna whispered to Tyler.

"Dealing with hostiles." he shot back, looking at her.

"Sir... the Thunderstar and the Starfreeze are refusing to reply to signal... they say we know who they are." Hindri relayed.

"Tell them I thought I knew who they were." Standish shot back, as Hindri reluctantly began to send the message, as Standish just looked to the DRADIS.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:02 pm

CONTINUED...

The alert Vipers from Urantia came screaming out of the launch tubes, and fired their thrusters, heading for the twin Omironian warships.

COMMAND CONTROL ROOM

The Officer of the Guard looked to High Admiral Ardala, with shock on his face.

"Sir!" he began. "Urantia has launched alert Vipers! Now detecting Urantia's weapons coming to bear... targeting us, and the Starfreeze!" he exclaimed.

"What the frak is he thinking?" Ardala lamented, looking to his RADEX display.

CIC

Hindri looked to Standish, as he delivered his report.

"Commander, the Thunderstar is still refusing to transmit her IFF authentication codes." he stated.

D'Anna looked to Tyler, as his face wore a look of anger, as he lifted the phone up from the table, putting it to his face.

"This is Commander Tyler Standish, of the Colonila Battlestar Urantia, to approaching warships... transmit your IFF codes to us, or you will be regarded as hostile, and will be fired upon. This is your only warning." Standish said, curtly cutting off the transmission, as he set the phone back down.

COMMAND CONTROL ROOM

"He has to be bluffing, Sir!" Ardala's Officer of the Guard called out, as Ardala looked down to his command table.

Ardala looked back up, taking in the icons representing the Vipers on the RADEX.

"He wouldn't do it... he couldn't be that mad..." Ardala thought to himself.

CIC

"Still no reply, Sir." Hindri lamented.

"Signal the Vipers... tell them to open fire... a warning volley, scrape the Thunderstar's hull." Tyler ordered.

Hindri wore a look of concern, as he slowly and reluctantly typed in the order to the Viper group.

URANTIA VIPER GROUP

The army of Vipers fell into formation, and fired out bursts from their guns, as they flew by the Thunderstar, strafing her, before again breaking off, and coming about.

GUNSTAR LIBERATOR

CIC

"My Gods!" the Officer of the Watch called out, as Commander McAllister and Colonel Fisk looked on at the DRADIS. "Urantia's Vipers just opened fire! They strafed the Thunderstar!"

"What the frak is he doing?" McAllister asked himself, as he lifted the phone from the cradle on the table. "This is Liberator Actual... Tyler, what the hell are you doing?" he asked.

CIC

Standish put the phone to his ear, as he replied.

"I'm showing those frakkers over there who is in charge here." he began. "They chose to stab us in the back, and stay behind... as far as I'm concerned, until I'm shown otherwise, those are hostile ships out there." he stated.

"Don't do this, Tyler." McAllister's voice plead.

Standish was silent for a moment, before he placed the phone back in the cradle, cutting off communications.

GUNSTAR LIBERATOR

CIC

McAllister looked to the now silent phone, as he set it back down. He turned to his XO, a look of urgency on his face.

"Put us between Urantia, and the Thunderstar... maybe we can put an end to this." McAllister offered, as Fisk nodded.

CIC

"Sir!" Hindri called out. "Liberator's moving to put herself between us and the Thunderstar... into the line of fire!" he said.

"That's their choice." Standish began. "Target the Liberator... inform her, if she attempts to assist hostile vessels, she will be met with force." he added.

COMMAND CONTROL ROOM

"High Admiral! Urantia is now bringing her guns to bear on one of her own... the Liberator, Sir!" the Officer of the Guard stated.

The look on Ardala's face grew frustrated and angry, as he slammed his palms down onto the command table.

"Gods, dammit!" he shouted out. "Fine... send that stubborn motherfrakker our recognition codes!" he sternly ordered, as he looked up to the RADEX. "You bitter motherfrakker." he whispered to the icon representing Urantia.

GUNSTAR LIBERATOR

CIC

"Sir!" Fisk called out. "Urantia is standing down... the fleet has begun to transmit IFF codes to her." he added.

"That's fine... but that crazy frak actually had us in his gun sights... I'm not letting that go. Prep a Raptor for me... I'm going over there, to have a talk with "Commander" Standish." McAllister ordered, walking away, as Fisk nodded.

CIC

Standish and D'Anna looked to Hindri, as he recited the incoming data.

"The fleet's codes are in... all ships verified, and accounted for." Hindri reported.

"Very well... permit the ships to assume formation. Signal the captains of every ship in this fleet, that they are to meet me in the Wardroom, first thing in the morning." Tyler said. "And put me through to the Thunderstar."

"Aye, Sir... you're on." Hindri stated, as Standish turned to face the command table.

"High Admiral Ardala... this is Commander Tyler Standish. You have refused to acknowledge my authority as military commander of this fleet, and have willingly disobeyed the orders of the ranking Colonial military officer in charge. I am hereby placing you under arrest, under the charge of insubordination, and dereliction of duty. Upon the arrival of my Marines, you will surrender yourself to them, and be transported to Urantia, to await a general court martial. Any resistance will be met with deadly force. Urantia out." Tyler stated, as he looked to D'Anna. "Send a Marine team, in a Raptor, over to Thunderstar." he added, as she nodded, watching, as he began walking out of CIC, a stunned crew looking after him.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:08 pm

CONTINUED...

The ship held position at the head of the newly reunited fleet, as a lone Raptor shot out of the port flight pod, and proceeded on its way to the massive Thunderstar.

COMMAND CONTROL ROOM

The Officer of the Guard looked to High Admiral Ardala, with shock on his face.

"Sir! Surely, we cannot allow this... the man is obviously out of his mind!" he remarked, as Adrala turned to face him.

"No... there will be no resistance. Let his Marines come. We'll see how far this farce will go." Ardala lamented, as he looked his officer in the eyes. "Truth is, Standish is right. The entire time we were with the fleet, we always knew that even though I carry the rank of High Admiral... it was a Colonial fleet that we joined, and so, Standish WAS the man in charge. He was the ranking officer. Somehow, we managed to get by all that time, with that mutual silent understanding. Now he's called us on it." he stated, as his officer looked to him, unsure what to say.

D'Anna turned to face the door to the CIC, as it opened, allowing Commander McAllister to enter.

The man walked up to D'Anna, still in his flight suit, and paused in front of her, as she saluted.

"Commander." she offered.

"Colonel. Where's Standish?" he asked, to the point.

D'Anna looked to him, unsure what he had in mind.

"Come to see if he's gone mad?" she offered.

"“Look,” said McAllister, “I know that Tyler disagrees with my decision to go help. I’m not going to go against him, and I came over here so he can hear me out." he said, lowering his voice a bit. "Where is he?" he prodded.

"The gym." D'Anna answered, as McAllister turned to walk away. "Be prepared for a real thrashing." she called out, causing him to pause, and turn back to her.

"Gods will, it won't come to that." McAllister replied, as he left.

D'Anna pondered his last remark... did he just refer to a singular God, or was it the slip of the tongue?

URANTIA CORRIDOR

McAllister picked up the pace, as he rounded the corner, and walked to the Officer's Head, where he paused, to walk inside, and remove his flight suit, revealing his regular duty uniform underneath. He neatly folded the flight suit, and placed it on a counter, as he then left the room.

URANTIA GYM

A pair of fists repeatedly struck a large speed bag, as Tyler worked off his angers on the bag, his teeth clenched, and sweat beading on his face.

Behind him, the figure of Commander McAllister stood in the open doorway, his shillouette framed by the light of the corridor.

“So!” exclaimed McAllister, loudly enough where he knew he would not be ignored. “I see you’re taking whatever’s been eating at you.”

"What the frak is it to you?" Standish shot back, still punching the bag.

"I just want to know what the FRAK you were thinking!" McAllister added, walking up to Tyler, facing him. "Turning your guns on one of your own! Are you that frakking screwed in the head?" he shot.

Tyler stopped hitting the bag, and held it aside, so he could face McAllister.

"Those motherfrakkers had it coming, when they chose to abandon us, and their duty... and YOU... you were going to HELP them?" Tyler shot back, almost laughing. "Not in my fleet, Mister." he added.

This cut it for McAllister, and his look turned serious and sour, as he looked right into Standish's eyes.

"You can't just go around, shouting orders, and pushing the fleet around... we're a fleet, not your wife!" he spat.

That was the wrong thing to say to Tyler, as McAllister soon discovered.

"You godsdamned, motherfrakking..." Standish began, snarling at the man, as with violent force, he threw a mighty punch at McAllister, which hit him right in his left jaw, as his head was swept aside by the impact. "I'll frakking kill you!" Standish spat, his eyes wide and angry, as he tried to throw another punch.

McAllister looked back to Tyler just in time to block his second punch, as he offered one of his own, which hit Tyler in the face, sending him back. As Tyler regained his balance, he rushed for McAllister, and lunged at him, landing into him, both men falling to the ground, grappling with each other.

McAllister raised Tyler up against the edge of the boxing ring, and as he stood, delivered another punch to Standish, who then grabbed McAllister, and with all his might, threw him up onto the platform of the boxing ring, before climbing up after him.

"Just like home, eh, Tyler?" McAllister goaded. "Bill told me at that party, what happened, when you and the wife had a few too many." he shot, his words stabbing Tyler like needles.

"Frak you!" Tyler began, shaking his head, as he again rushed for McAllister.

The two men began exchanging punches again, as blood began to dip from the sides of both their lips, as the finally, McAllister landed one powerful blow to Tyler, that sent him falling down in the corner, as he lay slumped against the ropes, his head hanging down.

McAllister looked on for a moment, until he realized that he could hear Tyler beginning to very softly sob.

Wiping the blood from his chin, McAllister walked over to where Tyler was, and sat down beside him.

"Hey... you okay?" he asked.

After a long moment, Tyler lifted his head up, looking to the lights on the ceiling. McAllister saw that his face was streaked with tears.

"I-- I don't know." Tyler began, now turning to face his friend. "Gods, Daryl... I really don't know." he added, as his face began to display all the pain that had been bottled up inside him for all these years.

McAllister looked to Tyler, with sympathy for a few minutes, before offering a comment of his own.

"You know, Tyler... you've crossed a line with this fleet. A line that was always there, but never spoken of... and probably should never have been crossed." he offered.

"So what do I do?" Standish asked, looking to the floor.

"Both our wives are dead, Tyler... and with them, our former lives on the Colonies. All we can do now, is go forward... WE will have to keep moving forward, now that we've crossed the line. We have to see our actions through to the end. But you also made a promise, to that fleet out there... a promise to take us back to the Colonies." McAllister offered.

"We have an obligation... a duty, you and I, Daryl... to our brothers and sisters on Galactica. We can't leave them alone in the dark." Tyler replied, looking to McAllister, who felt for his old friend.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:17 pm

CONTINUED...

The Battlestar continued along, her fleet behind her.

BRIG

From inside his cell, High Admiral Ardala looked up at the man standing before him... Tyler Standish.

The two men did not say a word, as they exchanged looks. Ardala looked up to Standish from his bed, where he sat, as Tyler stood tall and proud, right outside the cell bars.

"Well." Ardala began. "You did it, Tyler... you won. You showed us all." he added, as he now arose from the bedside, and walked up to the bars, to face Standish. "You're it... the head man. The top dog. That what you wanted?" he asked.

Tyler merely stared back at Ardala.

"I have no desire to humiliate you." Standish stated.

"Oh... of course not!" Ardala shot back, almost chuckling. "In fact, the sad thing is, Commander, that you were right. You always were the one in command. It was just that nobody ever made it official. For two whole years, we were perfectly happy to get by, working on an unspoken honor system... until Galactica came along." he added.

Standish just looked back at Ardala.

"So yes, Commander... I'm guilty. And I'm perfectly willing to face up for what I did. But the challenge facing you now, is... what do you do to prevent something like this from ever happening again?" Ardala asked, looking to Tyler with a question in his eyes.

"I don't know." Tyler offered, bluntly.

"Mm-hmm..." Ardala replied, nodding, as he moved to sit back down on his bed, facing Tyler, looking back up to him. "Well, I think I can help you there, Commander." he added, as Tyler looked to him with interest.

The Battlestar sailed through space, guiding her fleet along, as the Gunstar Liberator held position alongside, as the twin Omironian warships loomed large in the distance, as Vipers flew CAP past the ships.

CIC

The humming of the DRADIS filled the large room, as the door opened, and Tyler Standish walked in, carrying a manila folder, as he walked to the command table, as all eyes watched him.

D'Anna looked to him, as he returned her look, offering a small smile to her.

She returned his smile, as he placed the folder down onto the table, and opened it, revealing a document on Colonial stationary.

"What's that?" she asked.

"Our future." Standish replied, offering another slight smile, as he lifted the phone from the cradle, and activated the intercom, facing the document before him.

Tyler took a few deep and calm breaths, before finally speaking.

"Attention crew of the Battlestar Urantia... ships of the fleet. This is your Commander." he began. "Over two years ago, we were taken away from everything we knew. Our Colonies, our homes, our ways of life... and our laws. For the past two and a half years, we have been operating upon a thin line... an unwritten code. Recent events have starkly illustrated the problems that arise, when a set structure is not put firmly and clearly in place. This fleet IS a Colonial fleet. I AM the ranking Colonial officer, and thus, am in total command of this fleet. High Admiral Ardala has admitted that, and has also taken responsibility for violating my orders. However, I also, am not without fault." he went on. "I had made a promise, to this fleet, that I would return to the Colonies, and make a stand against the Cylons. That was before Pegasus. Before Galactica. However, it WAS still a promise." he added.

D'Anna and the CIC crew watched, transfixed, as he continued his speech.

"The Urantia and her crew, as well as the other ships from the Colonies, cannot and will not turn our backs on our brethren on the Galactica. I will also not break my promise. So, this is what we're left with..." Tyler began, looking again to the document on the table, as he continued. "What we have now, and for the duration of our voyage, from this point, until we reach Caprica, is our first new fleet-wide law... an agreement and compromise, drafted in mutual understanding, by the Captains and citizens of the ships of the fleet, and accepted by myself, and the military commanders of this fleet. This charter... this document, will be known as the Urantia Compact." he added.

D'Anna walked to stand beside him, as she looked down at the paper, as he read from it.

"To it," he began. "The people of the civilian fleet, the military commanders of the fleet, and the commander of the Battlestar Urantia, do hereby in good faith, agree to the following items, terms, and conditions. Item One... it shall be henceforth understood that upon official acknowledgement of this Urantia Compact, that the Battlestar Urantia shall set forth on course for Colonial space, per the terms of the original verbal pledge, of Commander Tyler Standish. Item Two... in exchange for the honoring of said Item One, the people of the civilian fleet, and the military commanders of the civilian fleet do hereby make the following solemn pledge... the we shall henceforth accept, without precondition, or reservation, the authority of Commander Tyler Standish, as THE one and only voice of authority to rule, among the fleet, and do henceforth pledge our loyalty to him, and his orders." he added. "Finally, Item Three. The people of the civilian fleet, and the military commanders of the fleet, having understood and agreed to above Items, do hereby proceed with approval, with the understanding that upon arrival in Colonial space, and completion of original mission objectives, the Battlestar Urantia shall be at said time, released from the bonds of this covenant, and shall at that time begin pursuit of the Battlestar Galactica. Having understood and agreed to all above said Items, the people of the civilian fleet, the military commanders of the fleet, and Commander Tyler Standish do hereby officially acknowledge this Urantia Compact as policy and rule of law. So be it. So say we all." Standish finished.

For a short moment, all was quiet in CIC, as everybody took in what had just been spoken. Finally, the silence was broken.

"SO SAY WE ALL! SO SAY WE ALL! SO SAY WE ALL!" the CIC crew cheered, as Standish looked to D'Anna, and smiled, offering his hand to her.

She took his hand, but pulled him close, embracing him in a big hug, as he held her tight.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:23 pm

Written by Macker and BruceAdama

CONTINUED...

The Battlestar continued along, as the giant twin Omironian warships sailed alongside her, dwarfing Urantia.

High Admiral Jordan Ardala stood before Standish's desk, looking to Tyler, as the Marine guard stood by the door, ever watchful.

Tyler finished signing some reports, and closed the folder over the documents, as he took his glasses off, looking up to Ardala.

"So." he began. "You've made up your mind... you really want to do this?' he asked.

"It's the best way." Ardala began. "I want to spare the fleet the dragging spectacle of a court martial, and I know I disobeyed orders, so I may as well throw in the towel... at my age, I can't go back to a lower rank, and work my way up again. No... I'm resigning from the Omironian Stellar Guard." he added, as he reached to his uniform shirt cuffs, and removed his High Admiral's badges of office, and placing them on Standish's desk, as Tyler watched. "Military rule of law states that you are an Admiral now, Sir. You now command Urantia, as well as preside over five other military ships... our two warships, Liberator, and the two military ships from Emilon, since you are the ranking Colonial officer." he said, looking at Tyler.

Standish just looked at Ardala, and leaned back in his chair, letting out a deep sigh, as he looked to Jordan, as he got up from his chair.

"I suppose you're right, at that." he began. "Guess I'll have to have a set of Admiral's pips made." he went on. "I just want you to know... I never wanted this. It was never my intention to humiliate anyone, or make a power-grab. The situation kind of went in the direction it wanted to." he added.

"I agree." Ardala replied. "It was bound to happen, sooner or later." he agreed.

Jordan Ardala smiled, and nodded to Standish, as he turned to leave the room.

"Jordan!" Standish called after him, as Ardala turned to face Tyler.

Standish stood straight, and offered Ardala a proud and very genuine salute.

Ardala turned to face Tyler, and returned his salute, equally straight.

"Thank you, Sir." he offered, as with that, he turned to leave.

PORT HANGAR DECK

Inside the massive cavernous hangar deck, the crew and deck gang of the Thunderstar were lined up in neat formations, around a central deck elevator, upon which a lone flag-draped coffin rested. Presiding over the group, at the central podium, was the Captain of the Thunderstar, Thomas Pinter.

The events of the past weeks had taken their toll on the crew of the Thunderstar, and the last few days had weighed especially heavy on Captain Pinter. His face was full of exhaustion. His skin was paler, his face narrow and slender, and his eyes seemed to vanish into deep dark black sockets. He brushed aside a few bangs of stray hair, that fell in front of his eyes, as he completed his eulogy.

"And we shall all go forward, being assured that she died in honorable service, to her ship, her crewmates, and her people. And though she gave her life to the Cylons during our separation, her death shall forever hold meaning, for it shall remind us of the terrible price we pay, when we abandon our unity... our strength... our family, so that we may never again falter so. In the Gods, we entrust." he said, finishing.

"IN THE GODS, WE ENTRUST!" the assembled masses shouted, in reply.

"DISMISSED!" Captain Pinter shouted, as the crowd began to disperse.

At the front of the altar, many of the fleet’s Captains gathered to shake Pinter’s hand, in an informal act of brotherhood, as well as pat him on the back at the same time. Eventually, it came time for Commander McAllister to do the same. He turned to his XO.

“Bob, hang loose for a while, OK?” Fisk nodded, just as McAllister grasped Pinter’s hand.

"Captain Pinter, on behalf of my ship and crew, I offer you my comfort and condolences. Godspeed.” McAllister offered.

“Thank you, Commander McAllister.” Pinter replied. He was about halfway through the command officers from the other vessels: Colonial, Omironian, and Emilonian, and was beginning to tire a bit. "Circumstances aside... are you enjoying the ship?" he asked.

"Aye, Sir... but this is not ship... it's a frakking continent with windows and engines." McAllister replied, as he leaned a bit closer to Pinter. "Sir... if I might... a question?" he asked. "Do you have private chapels available for personal worship?” he softly inquired.

“Certainly.” Pinter turned to a nearby aide. “Corporal Darow, could you please escort Commander McAllister to the Chapel?" he instructed.

Viper and Starcat CAPs again flew past the massive ship, as it sailed alongside Urantia.

THUNDERSTAR CORRIDOR

McAllister and the junior Omironian NCO walked down the corridor, with many crew going about their duties. They kept with the flow of traffic.

“So,” began McAllister, “I noticed that your Services are more ecumenical than ours. Why is that?”

“Well, Commander,” Corporal Darow began, “Our society allows total freedom of worship in whatever deity or group of deities one chooses to follow. It hasn’t always been that way, though.”

“How so?” McAllister asked, looking to the young woman.

"About a hundred fifty years ago, there was a terrible war forced upon us by those who worshiped a jealous demon named Maloc. Its followers were fanatically primitive, demanding human sacrifice and even gave up their children to try and take over the planet. They were against anyone who worshiped deities, and even more enraged with those who didn’t believe in any god at all. They considered themselves ‘holy warriors’, and were anything but.” she replied.

“That’s horrible.” McAllister lamented.

“That was nothing,” solemnly intoned the young NCO. “Then, the Day of Judgment came. The Followers of Maloc obtained several nuclear warheads and detonated them in three cities, murdering millions of us. Our allied leaders decided enough was enough. Two hours after we lost those three cities, the Followers of Maloc were wiped clean from our world. Those who survived those retaliatory strikes left and went elsewhere.”

"God." McAllister stated, in morbid amazement.

“It’s also why we observe the Day of Atonement the next day, and those two commemorations are on our calendar ever since.” the young woman stated, as they reached a set of double-doors. Darow pushed them open, and they went inside. "The Chapel, Commander." she announced.

McAllister saw two simple rows of pews; the lead row had two rails in front, one for each set. At the front was a smooth altar, carved from Omironian marble. On the altar itself were two simple candles. No other symbols were present.

Darow went to light the candles, then turned to see the Liberator’s Commander already at the rails, his hands folded and head bowed.

"Do you follow the One True God, Sir?" she asked.

McAllister looked to her for a moment, unsure of the measure of her trust, but nevertheless decided to open up to her.

“Yes,” he said, “but it is against the law for me to do so in public. Or, at least it was back in the Colonies. I’ve never pressed the issue with Commander Standish.” he offered.

“Well, you are free here,” answered Corporal Darow. She took a place beside Commander McAllister and also folded her hands and bowed her head.

The two of officers, Colonial and Omironian, began: “Heavenly Father, forgive our sins...”

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:15 pm

CONTINUED...

The Battlestar continued along, as the giant twin Omironian warships sailed alongside her, dwarfing Urantia.

CIC

The door to CIC opened, allowing Tyler Standish to enter the room. But something was different this time.

"Admiral on deck!" D'Anna called out, turning to face Standish, as everyone in CIC stood at attention.

Standish paused at the command table, looking to his crew.

"As you were." he ordered, as the officers gave him a short bit of applause, before returning to their duties.

"This'll take some getting used to." Standish whispered, to D'Anna. "So, what've we got on the agenda for today?" he added, as she handed him a clipboard of duty watch reports.

"The first group of Starcat pilots from the Thunderstar is due for cross-training in Viper combat later today. Medusa is already working out the training routine for them. She's promised me it'll be intense." she stated. "The Emilon ship Prophet Star has requested a resupply of food rations, and Mister Hindri has informed me that we are two plotted jumps away from a star system that has a planet with plant life. With your approval, I'll order a Raptor scouting party to be prepped." she added.

"Granted." Standish began. "Plant life means food. And depending on what the recon birds find... it may also be a chance for some surface time for the people of the fleet. After what we've been through these last weeks, we should let the fleet relax and unwind, for a few days, if possible." he said, looking to D'Anna, as he handed the clipboard back to her. "Mister Hindri!" Standish called out, now turning to face the man.

"Yes, Admiral?" Hindri replied.

"A little birdie told me you found us a planet with plant life?" Standish asked.

"That little birdie travels fast. Aye, Sir... I did." Hindri replied, smiling.

Standish returned the smile with one of his own, as he replied.

"Very well. Mister Hindri... make calculations for our next jump. We'll jump the ship first thing tomorrow morning." he ordered.

"Yes, Sir, Admiral." Hindri replied, working his panel.

Standish returned his focus to D'Anna, moving right up to her, and whispering in her ear.

"I'm returning to my cabin... I want you there. Soon." he added, pulling away, to face her.

D'Anna looked back to him, her face becoming flushed with redness for a second, as she realized what the Admiral had in mind.

"I'll uh... try to be there as soon as I can." she replied, looking him in the eyes.

"Good." Standish replied, as he turned to leave, D'Anna looking after him.

URANTIA CORRIDOR

Commander McAllister walked through the long hallway, on his way to see Standish, as he rounded the corner that led to the door to Tyler's cabin.

As he neared the door, he straightened himself up, and looked to the two Marines standing guard, who both saluted him.

McAllister returned the salute, and reached for the door, just as it flew open, and he found himself facing the XO of Urantia.

The two looked to each other, awkwardly. McAllister noticed that the buttons on her uniform shirt were undone, and her hair was messed up. She also looked as if she'd been sweating.

She finally just stepped forward, pushing herself past him, as she left, allowing him to finally enter the room.

As McAllister entered the room, and the door closed behind him, he found Tyler standing before the mirror in his bathroom, in his under-tunic, combing his hair.

"Yeah, what is it?" Tyler asked the reflection of McAllister, in his mirror.

"I, uh... I wanted to go over the systems of our Raptor-T's with you... if this is a bad time..." McAllister began.

"No." Standish replied, placing the comb down, and turning to face McAllister, as he walked over to his desk, and picked up the bottle of brandy that was sitting on it, and taking a long and hard swig from it, before placing it back down. "We can do it now." he added.

"Might wanna go easy on that stuff." McAllister offered.

"Don't start." Standish shot back, as he buttoned up his uniform top, and walked over to meet McAllister, as the two men left the room.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:19 pm

CONTINUED...

SEVEN YEARS AGO

STANDISH RESIDENCE - AERELON

The brilliant light of the daytime sun illuminated everything, as a lone dark silhouette emerged, lunging forward, seemingly in slow motion, as another two dark forms rushed to either side of the first figure, and reached out to restrain it, holding it back, as it struggled.

A man's mouth opened up, shouting, crying out in the most raw and unimaginable sorrow and rage. Though the mouth screamed with all its might, no sound was heard.

On the floor, a former glass coffee table lay smashed, shards of bloodied glass strewn around a lifeless form... a dark-haired woman.

Drops of water began to fall down upon the shards of bloody glass... like rain falling. But it was not rain. It was a rain of tears.

Illuminated from behind by the daytime sun, the silhouette of the central figure came crashing down to his knees, burying his face in his hands, before lifting his head up, looking to the ceiling.

The tortured face of Tyler Standish screamed out in rage, with all his might, at whatever gods might be lurking above him, screaming with every ounce of hurt, pain, and rage he had left inside him, as the tears came streaming down his face. As before, there was no sound.

As he looked up from the broken body, laying bloodied, at the center of the smashed glass table, a doctor walked up to him, and in slow-motion, held up a clipboard to Tyler's eyes, pointing to a line of data, as he explained the report, in a distant slow echo...

"The child did not survive... she drank it to death." the doctor said, lowering his eyes and face, as he slowly walked away.

Tyler's eyes grew wide, wanting to break free of their sockets, as he again looked up, crying out in sorrow and rage, as he once again tried to run towards the container of his now-dead child...

The two Colonial police officers again grabbed him, holding him back with all their might, as Tyler struggled against their grasp, shouting out, as the tears ran down his face.

"WHY?" Tyler cried out, with every ounce of strength he had in him, as if his dead wife could somehow hear him, as he once again collapsed to his knees, weeping before his dead wife, and crying.

ONE YEAR LATER

Tyler Standish stood behind his desk, standing tall, and wearing a very serious look on his face, like a parent about to chew out his children, as he faced two young women that were standing before him, saluting at attention, in front of his desk.

"At ease!" he called out, facing them.

The two women... Grae Azaire, and Kara Thrace, stood before the Commander, both wearing sheepish looks.

"I want to know... what the frak you both thought you were doing!" Standish began, looking to both of them. "A bar fight... on a Colonial Fleet installation!" he spat out, angry.

"Sir... she started it..." Kara began.

"Because YOU were the one frakking MY Viper jock!" Grae spat back.

"Maybe if you'd done your part to keep him happy..." Kara baited.

"THAT'S ENOUGH! Both of you!" Standish shouted out. "I don't frakking believe this. You're both officers in the Colonial fleet... and ONE of you is supposed to be my frakking CAG! ACT like it!" he spat. "You... what do you think Adama would think... if he was here? What do you think he would say?" he asked Kara.

"I dunno, Sir... but you pretty much sound just like him right now." Kara shot.

Standish was not amused. His look grew sour, as he drilled into Kara with his eyes.

"You got some mouth on you, you do." he shot back. "You better frakking hope it doesn't get your ass killed one day. Now get the bloody frak out of my sight... DISMISSED!" he shouted, as Kara saluted him, and turned to leave, as he focused on Grae, his CAG. "Now you..." he began. "You... are supposed to be my CAG... you are supposed to be more responsible than this. I need an officer I can trust, not some drunk idiot, who gets in bar fights over some frak-toy in a flight-suit!" he added.

Grae looked to Tyler, and could see that deep down, behind the layers of military protocol, there was a fatherly concern for her, just below the surface.

"I-- I'm sorry, Sir. It won't happen again." Grae offered.

Tyler merely stared at her for a long and uncomfortable moment, before looking to his desk, and opening up a manila folder, and placing a single paper document inside of it, looking back up at her, as he closed it.

"This is now your disciplinary file. It has ONE report in it. It better frakking well be the last report." he said, softly, but also very sternly. "I need you here, Medusa. I expect more from you." he added. "Dismissed."

Grae swallowed a lump in her throat, as she silently saluted, and faced away from him, as she made the walk to his door, ready to leave the room, as Tyler sat back down in his chair, looking up after her.

PRESENT DAY

OBSERVATION LOUNGE

A pair of feminine hands held a set of Viper pilot's wings, and made their way to the medium-dark blue of a Colonial military uniform, and pinned them onto the left breast of the uniform.

As the Viper wings were affixed, everyone in the room began to clap and cheer, honoring the recipient, as he was announced.

"Jareth Benassi... you are now the first Omironian pilot to officially join the ranks of Urantia's Viper pilots... congratulations on completing your training, and congratulations on joining the Colonial Fleet!" Grae proclaimed, loud and proud, clapping with everyone else.

Admiral Standish stepped forward, from behind Grae, and shook Jareth's hand.

"Congratulations, Mister Benassi." he began. "Welcome to the crew of Urantia. Have you thought of a new call-sign for yourself yet? My deck chief needs to know what to paint on the sides of your Viper." he added.

"Sir! Thank you, Sir!" Jareth said, saluting. "I think, Sir, that I would like the name BatCat." he stated.

"BatCat?" Standish asked.

"Aye, Sir... capital "B" and capital "C". It was the callsign of my old flight instructor on Omiron... he passed away a few years ago... I'd like to honor him with it, Sir." Jareth replied.

"The honor will be ours, Mister Benassi... I'll tell the Chief." Standish answered, as he left Jareth to mingle with the other pilots, as Grae walked over beside Standish.

"That was nice of you, Sir." she said, like a sweet little girl trying to be overly-cute.

Standish looked to her in a toying way.

"Yeah, well... just make sure he keeps true to his new position. Serving on this ship is a privilege... flying one of our Vipers, even more so. Don't let him slip. And no funny business, either." Tyler added.

"Sure thing, pop." Grae shot back, playfully, looking to the Admiral with big doe eyes. "You wanna buy me lunch?" she asked.

"Do I have a choice?" Tyler began, but then realized, as Grae looked to him. "Aw, frak... of course I don't... c'mon... let's get out of here." he said, as he led her out of the room with him.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:26 pm

Written by BruceAdama, TariAdama, and Macker

CONTINUED...

The Battlestar continued along, as the Emilonian military patrol ship Sal Caltanis sailed alongside, as Viper and Starcat CAPs flew past the ships of the fleet.

URANTIA CORRIDOR

Inside the proud Battlestar, Admiral Standish walked through one of the many corridors, along with Commander McAllister, as the two men rounded a corner, talking as they walked on.

"So, since you haven't yet been formally introduced to Captain Kline, now's a good a time as any." Standish stated. "He's on board Urantia today, visiting with a group of pilgrims from the Enoch Star." he added.

"Why are there pilgrims on Urantia?" McAllister asked.

"We have the Enoch Star in the port flight pod... we brought her aboard to repair her port thruster assembly. Her Captain reported the problem last night. The pilgrims are relaxing here, until their ship is repaired." Standish replied, as the two men reached the door to the Observation Lounge. "I gotta warn you, though... you won't be accustomed to their kind of speech. The Emilon dialect is, wel... "old timey", to say the least. Just be ready." Standish cautioned, as he opened the door.

As the door swung open, Commander McAllister was greeted by the sight of Captain Zender Kline, standing at a table, and relaying a story with much passion, and becoming very animated, much to the delighted pleasure of the large assembly of pilgrim women, who sat across from him, and watched, with rapt attention.

"So then, we came 'round, and brought our gunnery to bear. Apt to say that we took their vessel a'prize without nary a shot having been fired. I got on the horn, and told their Captain that his ship was now the prize of the stellar brigantine Sal Caltanis, and that henceford, he stood accused and answerable to the charge of high piracy and malicious skulduggery, the penalty of which would be at least five yahrens in confinement." Kline called out, as the pilgrim women clapped, and laughed, in awe of the tale he just told.

"Quite the tall tale." McAllister called out, causing Kline to turn to face him.

"Aye, that it is." Kline began, moving to meet the two men. "Have you not a likin' to the stories of adventure among the starry deep?" Kline asked, as he extended his hand to McAllister. "Captain Zender Kline, of the Emilonian military cruiser Sal Caltanis." he added.

"Darryl McAllister, Commander of the Colonial Gunstar Liberator." McAllister replied, shaking Kline's hand. "Let me guess... the Sal Caltanis is a stellar brigantine?" he asked.

"Aye, that she is. You were paying attention!" Kline shot back, smiling.

"I must say, that's quite a unusual way of speaking... nothing like any of the dialects we have on the Colonies. The only thing remotely close might be the accent... like Aerilonian. Do all the people on Emilon speak like that?" McAllister asked.

"We all share the same language, but our accents vary. Most everyone from my region speaks just as I, others with not such a distinct accent." Kline answered.

"And where is it that you're from, on Emilon?" Darryl asked.

"Gladmyston Glenn." Kline began. "A downright beautiful seaside village, and home to our proud Gladmyston Harbor." he added.

"I see..." Darryl began, nodding, as he turned to Standish. "And what about that woman you have spent time with?" he asked.

"Eliza Winnow?" one of the women at the table offered, as McAllister turned to face her. "She's from Nancasset. That's just northford of Gladmyston." she stated.

McAllister nodded.

"Ah... thanks, Miss?" he asked, wanting to know her name.

"Elvera Pratt." the women said, as she dabbed her lips with a napkin, before setting it down, and smiling at Darryl.

McAllister nodded, and offered a smile, as Standish urged him fully into the room, where they sat down, to join the group from Emilon.

ADMIRAL STANDISH'S CABIN

The Admiral slowly awoke from his sleep, sensing that he was not alone. He felt around on the bed, and realized that D'Anna was not with him. He slowly got up, and walked out of his rack, to see who was in the living area.

In the main area of the cabin, the light from his monitors cast a shadow near the couch and who knew the silhouette, it was Grae. What was she doing here in the middle of the night, and with out letting him know she was coming? There had to be something wrong with her. He hoped she wasn't hurt or hurting herself again.

"Grae? is that you?" he asked to the darkness, as the shadow turned to face him.

"Yeah." she began, groggily, as she awoke, shaking with sweat. "I needed a familiar place..." she said, as Standish turned the light on.

"What's wrong? You're shaking... and sweating." Standish said, as he pulled a blanket off of a chair, and draped it over her.

"It's silly..." Grae began, but then relented. "Bad nightmares." she reported.

"Anything you want to talk about?" Tyler asked, as he moved off to get a glass of water.

"Just don't frakking laugh... okay?" she asked, looking up to him, as he handed her the glass of water.

"Promise." Standish said, as he sat back down, next to her.

"Okay..." Grae began. "I was been walking along the banks of the River Styx, when I heard a rustling sound. There was no one following me, and yet I couldn't shake the feeling that there was all at the same time. When I turned around, no one was there, and all around me everything went still until I started walking again. I took twenty steps further, and something crashed into me, throwing me into the water. As I tried to rise, I felt hands grasping my ankles pulling me further under the water. Then a voice called to me: "You will not escape my grasp. I will have you one way or another. It is your destiny to die." Then the hands released me, and I broke to the surface gasping for air." she stated.

Standish looked at Grae, as she sat on the Admiral's floor shaking. She couldn't stop. The nightmare was too fresh in her mind and she didn't want to go to Jareth. Grae wanted Standish. She wanted the man who was a father to her. They had their differences lately but he was still her father and that was what she needed right now. Grae looked up and saw Standish come closer to her. She held up her arms in a childlike gesture. For a moment Standish paused. Was this his tough as nails CAG? He knew she was damaged but to out right see her a shaking heap on the floor made his heart hurt. Sinking to the deck in front of her Standish slowly put his arms around the young woman and held her as gently as you would a young child.

"I don't want to die." Grae's voice wavered with tears as Standish pulled her tighter into his embrace.

"You're not going to die." Tyler replied, softly, as he continued to hold her.

CIC

The whine of the DRADIS monitors filled the room, as Admiral Standish entered, making his way to the command table.

"What've we got?" he asked, looking to D'Anna.

"Admiral... Liberator's strike squadron is launching, en route to our starboard pod. E-T-A is twelve minutes." D'Anna replied, as the new blips appeared on the DRADIS. "Hmm... curious, that." she remarked, prompting Tyler to look up at the DRADIS overhead console, which displayed the new icons as "RAPTOR-T STRIKE", followed by an identifying sequential character.

"Mmm... good." Standish began. "McAllister keeps saying how great his advanced Raptors are. Now we'll see..." he added, as he handed D'Anna a clipboard. "I'll be in the starboard pod." he said, walking away.

LIBERATOR LEAD RAPTOR-T

The entrance to Urantia's massive starboard flight pod loomed larger and closer, through the large cockpit canopy window of the Raptor, as the whine of the mini-DRADIS filled the small cockpit.

Finally, the landing strip of Urantia zoomed past the cockpit, and filled the view, as the pilot began to lower the craft, finally bringing it to a perfect soft landing.

STARBOARD FLIGHT POD

The Admiral climbed down the steps to the main deck, in time to see the Deck Handler usher the formation of six advanced Raptors into parking formation, with his two light wands.

As each of the Raptors came to a halt, one behind the other, the loud whine of their engines began to power down, as the hatches began to open.

The deck crew of Urantia began to assemble, to get a better look at the new arrivals, ogling the craft. These were the same basic shape as Urantia's Raptors, but they were stretched out longer, and looked a bit more slender. They were also a light gray in color, like primer. The canopy was also longer, and on either side of the top of the craft, there were twin boxes, which each held a nine small missiles.

Eventually, Lieutenant John “Battleaxe” Neice, and his ECO, Lieutenant J.G. David “Boulder” Homan, emerged from the lead Raptor-T craft.

Cheers erupted from the assembled throng. Many high-fives, low-fives, and everything in between ensued. Eventually the cheers died down, and some crew members began to comment on the craft's looks.

“Good gods! Will ya look at those missile pods! They’re armed for bear!” Admiral Standish offered, as the Raptor pilots and everyone else stopped, and saluted the Admiral. "Welcome aboard Urantia." he added.

“Thank you, Sir. And it's Toasterville, to be specific,” replied Neice, “Those are anti-Raider missiles, and are completely swappable for other missions, including strategic nuclear strike.” he added.

“How long have you had ‘em?” Standish asked.

“Since three weeks before the attack on the Colonies,” replied Boulder. “We got the first set from Picon HQ. And then everything hit the frakkin’ fan.” he stated.

Battleaxe held up a data disc. “What we have here, Sir, is some footage from various missions. You supply the popcorn and we’ll supply the fireworks!” he stated, as another cheer went up.

“Alright, alright you chumps! Make room for Battleaxe and Boulder!” shouted Urantia's Deck Chief, CPO John Wormer. As the group did so, Chief Wormer nodded to the pair. “Follow me to the Admiral’s Quarters, if you please.” he offered, as the two pilots followed him, leaving Standish to look over the Raptors.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:36 pm

CONTINUED...

The early afternoon sun crept along the white tile floor, sweeping over empty beer and ambrosia bottles, as well as empty cartons of take-out food, pizza boxes, and strewn about confetti.

Among the strewn about remains, were various articles of both male and female clothing. As the noonday sun began to venture ever forward on the floor, many shadows suddenly began to sweep into view, quickly passing through the corridor of light.

The shadows were many in number, and were all moving quickly. As each shadow raced by, a ghostly whining sound could be heard.

Finally, the sunlight made its way across the legs of a man in a pure and bright white suit, who was slumped against the door to the kitchen, on the floor, asleep. After a second, the light of the encroaching Sun made its way to the man's face.

Gaius Baltar squinted, as his eyes struggled to open, as he brought a free hand over his face, to shield himself from the bright light, as the whining shadow-forms zipped upwards across his face.

The sound got his attention, and he began to try to get up. As he arose, he stood straight, and his legs framed the patio doors, where the figure of a woman was standing, her back to him, as the whining shadows continued onward, on the illuminated wooden floor, seemingly heading right for the woman on the balcony.

In the corner of the room leading to the balcony, the home's audio system was softly playing a Caprican waltz that Baltar knew... Passacaglia, if he remembered correctly. Slowly, Gaius began to step forward, walking towards the figure of the woman.

Finally, Baltar arrived on the balcony, and the fullness of the bright Caprican noontime sun enveloped him in its warm embrace, as he grew a look of shocked surprise, looking around at the vista before him, as he could now see the sources of the whining shadows...

Cylon Raiders... hundreds upon hundreds of them, all gliding over the skyline of Caprica City, in the clear blue sky.

"What... what is this...?" Baltar asked aloud, mostly to himself.

"It's beginning, Gaius." the woman now spoke, as he turned to face Caprica Six, who looked at him with reverence, as the sun enhanced the lightness of her blonde hair, as she smiled at him, in a beautiful light blue dress. "Look at it." she added.

Baltar looked over the edge of the balcony, to the street far below, to see an army of Centurions marching through the city.

"No..." Blatar said, looking back up to the sky, at the Raiders. "This... is this a dream, isn't it? This is not happening!" he added, in a raised voice, as he turned to the woman, only to see Number Three, where Caprica Six had been, but in the same blue dress.

"What's wrong, Gaius... don't you want to bear personal witness to the last chapter of human history... a chapter you helped to write?" Three asked, smiling.

Baltar looked now long and hard, at the entire scope of what was before him...

Downtown Caprica City, in all its glass and steel splendor, the high-rise office buildings piercing the blue sky, as the winds of Cylon Raiders continued to sail past the buildings, as now even larger shadows began to appear, causing Baltar to look further upward, into the sky...

Above the formations of Cylon Raiders, the hazed images of at least three giant Basestars could be made out, as far below, the Raiders flew past them.

"NO..." Baltar began to shout.

"NO!" Baltar cried out, as he bolted up from the bed, sweating. After a second, he looked beside him. Six and Three were in the bed with him, and he was still on the Cylon Basestar.

After a moment to collect himself, he buried his face in his hands, wiping the sweat away.

The Battlestar continued along, as Viper and Starcat CAPs flew past the ships of the fleet.

CIC

D'Anna looked up to the DRADIS, as Admiral Standish entered the room, and made his way to the command table, slapping a couple of folders of documents down, as he turned to D'Anna.

"What's up?" she asked.

"Good news, for once." Standish began. "Mister Hindri's latest jump calculations. He says we're two jumps away from Colonial space... two jumps away from our mission goal." he added.

D'Anna's eyes grew wide, as she smiled.

"That's great!" she began. "Why haven't you told the crew yet?" she asked.

Standish looked down, as he shuffled documents around.

"I want to establish a plan of action first... let people know that we know what we're doing... how we're going to proceed. Medusa is working on some SAR and recon mission plans now, and I want the fleet to know that that's just what this is... a SAR mission. The Colonies, as far as we know, took a beating. There should be no illusions that this will be a happy homecoming... we should prepare the people to expect the worst... expect a graveyard." he added, as he looked to her, with a look of both concern, and serious resolve.

-END OF SEASON TWO-

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:41 pm

PREVIOUSLY, ON BATTLESTAR URANTIA...

"What the frak do you mean, she said no?" Tina Standish shouted at him. "Did you even bother to tell her that you requested this over a year ago?" she added.

"Of course I did!" he shot back. "It makes no difference... she's an Admiral. I'm a Commander. I have my orders to follow." he said.

Tina nodded her head, angry with what he was saying.

"Oh... well, maybe that's the problem, isn't it? Maybe, if you asserted yourself more aggressively, from time to time, YOU'D be the Admiral... the dominant one... the one making all the calls... you know... like a MAN?" she threw in, for emphasis, as she walked over to the corner table, and poured herself a glass of ambrosia.

That was all Tyler could take... he was sick of arguing with this frakking woman. Fine... she wanted it rough... she'd get it rough.

As she began to lift the glass to her mouth, Standish's hand locked onto her wrist, with mighty strength, and she looked to him.

"You frakking want me to assert myself aggressively?" he said to her, his voice laced with anger, as he shoved her against the wall, which she hit hard, and with a quick movement, shoved both of her arms over hear head, spread out, causing her to drop the glass of ambrosia, which fell to the floor, shattering, as she looked to him, her breathing deep and hard, her passions now excited.

- - -

"Mister Benassi... we need to talk." Standish said, calmly.

"In a bit, Sir... I'm off-duty now." he replied, not even looking to Standish.

This pushed Tyler over the edge, and with a snarled grimace, he quickly pulled Jareth off his bar stool, and shoved him onto the ground, as Grae jumped off her seat, and stood back.

As Jareth began to get up, Standish picked him up from his uniform chest, and punched him... HARD, sending him back to the ground.

"Commander!" Grae called out, reaching for him, to hold him back, as Standish landed yet another punch on Jareth's face.

"Hotshot motherfrakker! I don't know how the FRAK you ever earned wings... but I'll be damned, if you're gonna frak with MY planes, and MY pilots!" Standish shouted out at Jareth. "Get the frak up!" he shouted, Jareth got up, wiping his hand across his bloodied face.

Standish pushed Jareth hard against the bar, and leaned into him, placing his left arm over Jareth's neck, in a chokehold.

- - -

"Commander Standish... it's true, Sir... we found a planet... or at least, what looks like a planet... on the far side of the nebula." the man said.

"What do you mean "looks like a planet"?" Standish asked, as now the second Specialist, a female, also jumped down onto the deck, also saluting, after dropping her gear back on the deck.

"It's true, Sir." she offered. "That region of the nebula is riddled with interference that made our DRADIS almost totally useless... but we DID see a large celestial body... it had to be a planet." she added.

- - -

"I don't know why you're waiting, Eliza... the number of available men on this ship is going down each month... you should get married, as soon as possible... start a family!" she offered.

"I don't want anyone on this ship... I know who I want... who my heart likes." Eliza replied, looking into her friend's eyes.

Sariah placed her hands on Eliza's shoulders, as she looked into her eyes, her face close to Eliza's.

"I know, baby... but that man is taken... Commander Standish belongs to another." she offered.

"That's just the thing." Eliza began, looking to her friend. "I don't think he really does. The whole way Urantia's XO spoke to me... she wasn't threatening me, in the same way a woman who is truly in love would... there was anger behind her voice... real and deep anger... like she just wanted me out of the way." she said.

- - -

Standish picked up the photo, holding it to the light, examining it.

"It has to be Pegasus, Sir." Grae said, from behind Standish. "Given that we also found some personal artifacts from that ship... we have to assume it's her... that Pegasus was destroyed here." she added.

- - -

"There's no frakking way two Battlestars could have ended up here... no frakking way... it's too great a coincidence." Standish offered. "Besides... the SAR teams have only found debris from one Battlestar." he added. "I need more." he began. "Do whatever you can to sharpen that up... clean it up... I need more than just a fuzzy blotch." he said, as the Specialist saluted, and turned around to leave.

- - -

"I am NOT a Cylon!" Cavil shouted out, looking to D'Anna.

"We'll see..." Standish said, drawing his sidearm, and raising it at aim, at Cavil's head. "If Cavil number four pops up... we'll know, won't we?" he offered.

The look on Cavil's face was one of genuine fear and desperation. Finally, he did all he could think of doing...

"Her! She's a Cylon!" he shouted out, pointing to D'Anna, who wore a look of shock.

- - -

"Attention people of the Urantia, and the fleet... this is your Commander." he began. "Over a week ago, we were forced to leave the planet we came to know as New Caprica, due to the Cylon's arrival. While at New Caprica, we learned of the fate of one of our brethren... the Battlestar Pegasus. We know not still, how Pegasus ended up there, nor why the crew of Pegasus decided to establish settlements there. We know only that she met her end locked in combat with three Cylon Basestars. However... there is something that those of you outside Urantia did not then know, but must know now... before we jumped away from New Caprica... one of our search and rescue teams made a discovery... a fragment of a Viper wing... a Viper that was not from Urantia, or Pegasus. The markings on this wing indicated that the Viper was from the Battlestar Galactica. Not only did we recover a wing... but we also discovered evidence that there was indeed another Battlestar present here at one time. That had to be Galactica. Because we found no debris from Galactica herself... I must conclude that the ship was able to jump away, to safety. Where she is, we know not. But she is one of ours... she has a Commander... a crew... and a story. She is struggling to stay alive, as are we. Because of these things... it is my responsibility... my DUTY... to seek out Galactica."

- - -

"This is... this is the Colonial Battlestar Urantia, to Colonial vessel. Identify your--" he began, but was cut off, as the transmission from the other end came on, highly fritzed with static, as if the other ship was having problems with its systems.

"This is the Colonial Gunstar Liberator to the vessel claiming to be the Urantia... Tyler... is that you?" a man's voice sounded.

The voice from Standish's past hit him as if he'd seen a ghost... he recognized the voice of his old friend, Commander McAllister. Standish allowed a look of relief to escape to the surface, as he wore a small smile.

"McAllister? Gods dammit... what the frak... how the frak did you end up all the way out here?" he asked.

- - -

AND NOW... SEASON 3...

ADMIRAL STANDISH'S CABIN

D'Anna Biers stood, looking down, as Admiral Tyler Standish lowered himself to his knees before her, and held up a black jewelry box, which he opened, as he looked up to her, facing his XO.

"D'Anna Biers... will you be my wife? Will you marry me?" he asked.

THREE MONTHS EARLIER

The arc of sunlight highlighted the planet, against the starry black of space.

It was a beautiful planet... vast blue oceans, fluffy white clouds, and vast continents of green and brown.

Suddenly, off in the distance, in the far corner above the arc of the planet, dozens upon dozens of flashes of light signaled the arrival of the Urantia and her fleet, as the ships emerged from FTL.

CIC

Admiral Standish looked cautiously to the DRADIS displays, waiting for Mister Hindri to confirm his position.

"Coordinates conformed, Sir... we are now locked in high orbit... of Aerilon! We're home, Sir!" Hindri called out, as instantly, everyone in CIC broke out into joyous cheers, throwing clipboards into the air, as people reached to embrace the person beside them, while others clapped and cheered, and others cried tears of joy and relief.

Standish looked to D'Anna, and his features softened, as he reached to draw her close, embracing her.

The Battlestar led her fleet along, in orbit of Aerilon, the home world of Tyler Standish, as wings of Raptors flew towards the atmosphere, along with Viper escorts.

STANDISH RESIDENCE - AERILON

Admiral Standish emerged from the Raptor, and climbed down, landing on the Aerilon ground, as he began to walk past the group of Urantia crew and Marines already present, making his way towards his destination, undeterred.

Finally, he met up with D'Anna and Grae, and both women looked to him.

"You sure you want to do this, Sir?" D'Anna asked him softly, as he looked to her.

"I have to do this." he stated, softly, but very firm, as he slowly continued on his way.

Tyler Standish walked towards his house... or the remains of his house. What had once been a beautiful ultramodern luxury Caprican-style home, was now nothing but a pile of rubble, of smashed concrete, broken glass, and fallen wood beams, in the middle of a field of tall weeds.

For a moment, he stopped in front of the ruins, looking at it, drinking in the sight of it. Finally, with a deep sigh, he carefully worked his way into what once was his home.

Gradually, he worked his way into what used to be his vast living room. He paused, and stood, looking around. Almost instantly, vivid ghosts from the past began to flood his brain with memories... he could see himself fighting with Tina, and hear the verbal assaults fly, like knives through the wind. After a moment, he looked to a certain spot, in the middle of the room...

It was the spot where the glass coffee table had been... the table that Tina had fallen through, when she killed herself... and her unborn child.

As Tyler gazed at the spot, his mind recalled that gruesome image, of his wife's bloodied and dead body, on the floor, surrounded by broken glass. His face was a mix of emotions, as Tyler struggled to cope with the flood of memories.

Finally, Tyler stood up, and with a roar of rage, pulled out his personal sidearm, and aimed it in front of him, firing shots at the spot where his wife had once laid on the floor, yelling as he fired shot after shot, until his magazine was emptied, and he fell to his knees at the spot, surrendering to his inner torment, and breaking down, crying, as he buried his face in his hands.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:45 pm

CONTINUED...

The Scoutstar, along with a handful of Vipers, departed Urantia, and raced out into space, passing over the various smaller ships of the fleet, as they held orbit over Aerilon.

Suddenly, the Scoustar picked up speed, and was soon engulfed by the familiar golden flash of the FTL flashring, as it vanished from sight, just as three Raptors flew towards Urantia's port flight pod, heading home.

ADMIRAL STANDISH'S CABIN

The Admiral's hand held a magnifying glass, as he scanned over some recon photos that the Raptor team had brought, as D'Anna stood facing him, on the other side of his desk.

"Hmmm..." Standish mumbled. "No Cylons anywhere, from here to Virgon. That must mean they're centered around Caprica or Leonis. If that's the case, it means they're grouping up for something... a major op." he offered, looking up to D'Anna. "That would also mean that they know we're here." he added.

"Could be, Sir." D'Anna offered, as she fidgeted slightly. "But there is a bit of good news... our first SAR team found the hulks of five Vipers, in orbit... the Deck Chief is bringing them into the starboard bay. He says he can fix them up, and have them flying by the end of the week." she offered.

"That's good." Standish said, taking his glasses off. "Instruct our SAR teams to search the other outer Colonies for anything we can use... Vipers, Raptors... anything. In the meantime, we'll have to find a place where we can catch our breath... resupply our ammo, if possible." he added.

"Well, both Ragnar and Megiddo Anchorages are beyond the red line, and we can bet that if we jump that far, it'll put even more stress on the fleet's resources. You have anyplace special in mind?" she asked.

"I do." Standish said, as he slid one of the recon photos across the desk, for her to pick up, and inspect, which she did.

"The Vallahar Repository?" she asked, looking to him.

"It's a gamble, I know... lying just behind Leonis's moon... it puts us at risk of Cylon detection. But it's the closest option." Standish replied.

"How can we know that the Cylons didn't raid the frakking thing, after the attacks?" D'Anna asked.

"Well..." Tyler began. "There's one way to find out, isn't there?" he stated, looking her in the eyes.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:27 pm

CONTINUED...

The Battlestar led her fleet into a high orbit over a beautiful blue world, dotted by wispy white clouds, and small green continents sprinkled about the globe.

One by one, waves of Raptors broke from Urantia's fleet, and began to race towards the new world.

CIC

In the command center, D'Anna stared up at the DRADIS, as she listened to the SITREP from Mister Hindri.

"Now locked into a high polar orbit above Aquaria." Hindri stated, as D'Anna nodded.

D'Anna turned around, and was about to deliver a new set of orders, when Hindri cut her off.

"Hmmm..." he began. "There it is again." he uttered.

"Well?" the XO asked, looking to him. "What the frak is it? Can you tell yet?" she added.

Hindri wore a very frustrated look, as he shook his head, still facing his station.

"I don't know, Sir." he said, looking to face her. "It LOOKS like sensor ghosts... echoes of ships... as if we are being followed, at a distance, but the profiles are not Cylon, or Colonial." he offered, waiting for her reaction.

"Guesstimate?" D'Anna shot back.

Hindri shook his head in frustration, as he shrugged, looking up to her.

"The Omironian warships... Sir." he began. "They're the only things massive enough to be what these are. Either that, or maybe a Mercury-Class Battlestar. But there are no Battlestars here, except us, and the Ormironian ships are right here, with us." he stated.

"Well, we have experienced problems with feedback from the RADEX that the Omironians use... it has been known to disrupt our DRADIS scans." D'Anna offered. "You only pick it up between FTL jumps, right?" she asked.

"Aye, Sir... only in FTL transit. In normal space, nothing." Hindri replied.

D'Anna and Hindri were locked in a stare, facing each other, for a long awkward moment, each trying to figure out what to do next. Finally, D'Anna turned around, facing the command table.

"Well, keep an eye on it, Mister Hindri. If anything changes... let me know." she ordered.

"Aye, Sir. What about the Admiral? Should I inform him?" he asked.

"No..." D'Anna said, looking up, to face the DRADIS. "Not until we have something more concrete to tell him. For now, all we have are sensor echoes, and what might just be RADEX interference." she offered.

The proud ship led her flock through space, in orbit of Aquaria.

PORT FLIGHT POD

Admiral Standish climbed down the steps to the main deck, where he was greeted by the Deck Chief, who greeted him with a salute, as the Admiral returned the gesture.

"Chief..." Standish began. "Are they ready?" he asked.

"Aye, that they are, Sir." the Chief said, smiling, as he gestured for Standish to look to his left.

The Admiral wore a look of some amazement, as he looked to his left, to see a group of five modern Vipers, all lined up in a neat row.

"My, my..." Standish said, as he walked up to the Vipers.

"I uh, want to apologize, Sir, for the way they look... I uh... didn't have the heart to paint over the original Battlestar names, and the names of the pilots... it just didn't feel right, Sir." the Chief stated.

"No, no... you did the right thing, Chief." Standish said, running his hand along the nose section of one of the Vipers. All the Vipers looked as if they'd been welded together, from bits and pieces, which, of course, they had been. "They from different ships?" Standish asked, turning to face the Chief.

"Aye, Sir... three of them were from Battlestar Cydonia. Two were from Battlestar Carillon." the Chief replied, as the Admiral nodded, walking past the Vipers.

"Excellent work, Chief... you've outdone yourself again. Our pilots will be honored to fly them." Standish stated, as he continued looking the resurrected Vipers over.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BruceAdama Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:30 pm

CONTINUED...

CIC

The alert klaxons and alarms blared throughout the room, as D'Anna turned to look to Mister Hindri, who quickly lifted the phone from its cradle, and spoke into it, addressing the Urantia and her fleet.

"Alert! Action station, action stations! set Condition One throughout the fleet! Repeat, set Condition One throughout the fleet! This is not a drill." he called into the phone, as he placed it back onto the wall cradle, and looked to his panel, before looking back to D'Anna.

"Confirmed DRADIS contact... reading one Cylon Heavy Raider. She's on a direct vector for us, Sir." he stated.

"Launch the alert Vipers!" D'Anna began, just as Admiral Standish walked into the room, and worked his way to stand beside his XO.

"What's up?" Standish asked, as D'Anna handed him the SITREP.

"One Cylon Heavy Raider... the alert birds are away." she reported, as Standish looked p to the DRADIS.

URANTIA VIPER #06 (Mk. II)

The old Viper led the formation that was on intercept with the incoming Cylon Heavy Raider, when the pilot noticed something strange, and activated his intercom.

"Urantia Actual, this is Fireball... something's not right with this Cylon." he reported.

CIC

Standish picked the phone up, and replied.

"Report, Fireball." he said, still looking to the DRADIS.

"Sir..." Fireball's voice came through, over the comm system. "The Cylon has stopped... she's at a drift, and..." he began, but stopped short. "Wait... Actual, the Cylon is now emitting a series of light flashes... it's flashing some kind of coded message..." he added.

Standish and D'Anna shared looks of puzzlement, as Standish again looked forward.

"What is it saying?" the Admiral asked.

URANTIA VIPER #06 (Mk. II)

In the cockpit, Fireball looked at the Heavy Raider, as two other Vipers entered into view, on either side of the Cylon, making a recon pass past the black craft, as multiple flashes of white light were seen coming from the front of the craft.

"It reads... they're... they're human, Sir!" Fireball exclaimed, astonished.

CIC

Standish slowly removed the phone from his ear, wearing a puzzled look, as he turned to face D'Anna. After a long moment, he regained his focus, and spoke back into the phone.

"Copy that, Fireball... escort bogey into the Starboard bay!" Standish said, as he turned to face Hindri. "I want a full Marine detachment to the starboard bay!" he called out, as Hindri nodded, carrying out the order.

The ship and her fleet remained in Aquaria orbit, as the Viper wing shot towards the starboard flight pod, the Cylon at the center of the formation.

STARBOARD HANGAR BAY

Admiral Standish and D'Anna walked down the steps onto the main deck, just as the cargo elevator finished bringing the Cylon ship up onto the deck.

The Admiral and the XO worked their way past the massive assembly of Marines, all of whom had their rifles raised in aim, at the ready, facing the Cylon ship.

Standish gave a gesture to the Deck Crew to clear the area, as the men and women in orange and yellow jumpsuits moved away, to the other side of the deck.

Finally, after a long second, a loud snap and hiss of escaping air was heard, and the hatch to the Heavy Raider began to open, as the Marines all prepared to fire, should they need to.

Everyone on the deck noticed that painted on the side of the Heavy Raider, in sloppy red paint, was the head of a Cylon Centurion, with two bones crossing over it, in a "X" pattern.

Finally, the hatch had fully opened, and very gradually, the figure of a man appeared, and made his way to face the Urantia crew. He raised his arms somewhat, to show he meant no hostile intent, and began to walk down the ramp, onto the deck, as other men began to follow suit, along with a couple women.

Most of the men were large men, and had elaborate tattoos, along with a few piercings on their faces and bodies.

Finally, the first man out neared Standish, and paused.

"Gods..." he began, looking around. "I never thought we'd see or set foot on another human vessel." he said, relieved, as he stepped forward, and extended his hand to Standish. "Captain Tora Yenesh, formerly of the Privateer "Black Flare". the man stated.

"You mean pirate vessel Black Flare..." Standish began, not taking the man's hand. "You're Taurons... pirates." he added.

"Aye, that we are, Sir." Tora replied. "We were on our way back to Tauron, when the Toasters attacked. Our ship was destroyed, but we were able to evac down to Aquaria, with a few crates of weapons, and rations. For weeks, we searched for safe refuge from the nuclear fallout. Half of us died from radiation poisoning, before we had the good fortune of locating a bomb shelter that someone had built. We lived in there for over two months... until fate smiled upon us." he stated.

"And just how did fate smile upon you?" Standish asked.

"Our prize here." Tora began, indicating to the Heavy Raider behind him. "A Cylon search party landed, and began to search for human survivors. We waited in ambush for the Bulletheads, and when they emerged from the ship, we opened fire on them, with the weapons we had, and took this Heavy Raider from them." he stated. "We lost two people in that assault, but we made it off the surface, and have been playing cat-and-mouse throughout the Colonies with the Cylons ever since." he added, as Standish and D'Anna regarded the sight of Tora and his crew, in front of the taken Cylon ship.

TO BE CONTINUED...
BruceAdama
BruceAdama
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum